Champions League 2017/2018 (25 Viewers)

Mar 10, 2009
English TV - Looking for a football pundit

Qualifications: limited vocabulary, former alcoholic, only watch Premier League teams, head stuck up in your own ass

What I don't get about the EPL, is there hype hasn't even been merited for a very long time. I can understand their hype between 2006-2009, but they have been relatively poor in the CL now.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
English TV - Looking for a football pundit

Qualifications: limited vocabulary, former alcoholic, only watch Premier League teams, head stuck up in your own ass
This is american tv station. And the half bald guy is venezuelan ex national team player. One of them is irish or scottish and played 98 wc.

Dont get me wrong ive seen it. Its ESPN show. They are muppets. But this is not UK tv. Espn is murica.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
[video=twitter;992070816618696710]https://twitter.com/ASRomaEN/status/992070816618696710[/video]
Roma social media is so great. :lol:

Now that Totti has retired I'd love for Roma to be replace the Milan's as second best club in Serie A, to be our challenge in Serie A, and be a continual CL last 8 presence too. Rome needs to have a club up their with the their best. If they get the stadium built, should help.

Conversely, I hope Inter and Napoli burn. :D

Mar 10, 2009
Some of you guys are missing the point. Blaming the ref is ok so long as it is merited. The problem we have, is that we're lumping everyone under the same category. I for one saw past any mistakes committed by the referee when we were knocked out by Barcelona in 2015. However if the referee does a fatal error in the knockout stages, then he can be held responsible for the outcome.

I don't know what it is about this season in the CL, but the standards of refereeing has gone down. Its like every fixture since the knockout stages, has one controversial call or something that was missed. Remember when Kane almost made it 2-2 from an offside position for example? Just imagine if that had went in. You cannot possibly say that the referee cannot be blamed if he fails to do his job properly.

Games were there are 50-50 decisions, I can understand, but horrendous calls like what we have seen so far in the CL are legitimate. Remember this is a cup competition not a league; one goal in a close fixture makes a huge difference.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
This is american tv station. And the half bald guy is venezuelan ex national team player. One of them is irish or scottish and played 98 wc.

Dont get me wrong ive seen it. Its ESPN show. They are muppets. But this is not UK tv. Espn is murica.
Spurgt

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Some of you guys are missing the point. Blaming the ref is ok so long as it is merited. The problem we have, is that we're lumping everyone under the same category. I for one saw past any mistakes committed by the referee when we were knocked out by Barcelona in 2015. However if the referee does a fatal error in the knockout stages, then he can be held responsible for the outcome.

I don't know what it is about this season in the CL, but the standards of refereeing has gone down. Its like every fixture since the knockout stages, has one controversial call or something that was missed. Remember when Kane almost made it 2-2 from an offside position for example? Just imagine if that had went in. You cannot possibly say that the referee cannot be blamed if he fails to do his job properly.

Games were there are 50-50 decisions, I can understand, but horrendous calls like what we have seen so far in the CL are legitimate. Remember this is a cup competition not a league; one goal in a close fixture makes a huge difference.
Good post

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Roma social media is so great. :lol:

Now that Totti has retired I'd love for Roma to be replace the Milan's as second best club in Serie A, to be our challenge in Serie A, and be a continual CL last 8 presence too. Rome needs to have a club up their with the their best. If they get the stadium built, should help.

Conversely, I hope Inter and Napoli burn. :D
Amen! Roma would be a great 2nd club.

PS but gotta admit the Juve-Milan-Inter rivalry trio is so perfect in a way. The colors, the history, the global appeal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)