Champions League 2017/2018 (27 Viewers)

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Football don't need VAR, VAR is so 1950s.

Football need AIR, Artificial Intelligence Referring. That's the kind of referring like in video games where a micrometer offside is indeed called out as an offside.

Surround the pitch with like 1000-2000 ultra high frame rate cameras and another couple hundreds or so of various sensors equipments, connect all the motions data to a cluster of supercomputers to analyze the data in real time, and officiate the match.

Maybe in the year 2100s :lol:
Years ago i remember reading a Donald Duck story about the perfect referee, a robot that would never make a mistake. All his decisions were fair, be it 1mm offside or not. At first everyone was delighted that there is no more controversy in football but with time attendance dropped and people stopped watching games at all because there was nothing to discuss and moan about. Passion disappeared. Result? Fair. Referee? Perfect. :D

Negan

Apr 11, 2018
Both teams in the final have had ref luck go for them all the way, I still don't get how people can think it evens itself out for every team like there is some magical force balancing the acts

Roma really gave away 2 terrible goals last night, had they defended a little bit better probably would have went through even with the ref errors

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Years ago i remember reading a Donald Duck story about the perfect referee, a robot that would never make a mistake. All his decisions were fair, be it 1mm offside or not. At first everyone was delighted that there is no more controversy in football but with time attendance dropped and people stopped watching games at all because there was nothing to discuss and moan about. Passion disappeared. Result? Fair. Referee? Perfect. :D
It wouldn't happen in real life, football is unpredictable as is, we don't need unpredictable refereeing too.

By the way this season there seems to be extra more mistakes, which is kinda good for those of us who are 100% pro-VAR.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8,426
    Man, almost every team I cheer for (when Juve not playing) looses.

I wanted PSG to knock Madrid (fail)
    I wanted City to knock Liverpool (fail)
    I wanted Bayern to knock Madrid (fail)
    I wanted Roma to knock Liverpool (fail)

Fvck this :andyandbarcelona:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

at least Sevilla with the useless Montella somehow managed to knock out ManUtd with the even more useless Mourinho, the only positive of this CL campaign

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

Because we always cheer for the underdog.

- - - Updated - - -

at least Sevilla with the useless Montella somehow managed to knock out ManUtd, the only positive of this CL campaign
    True. Also Qarabağ :heart:

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8,429
    at least Sevilla with the useless Montella somehow managed to knock out ManUtd with the even more useless Mourinho, the only positive of this CL campaign
    Oh, so true!! This was so good I loved it, and that Mourinho post match interview :D

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
    easy fix, just add RNG mechanics on the decision making algorithm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)