Champions League 2017/2018 (9 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Thats where I disagree, I think if you can do something very well and its effective, you don't have to adapt to your opponents. At least not to a large enough extent where it becomes a fundamental change to your playing style. I don't recall seeing any of Klopps teams sit back and defend for example.

Hm. We actually agree.

Fuck Arsenal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Lol you're talking like these are some stone wall incidents like as if it would have changed the course of the tie.
lol you're talking about at least a 100% percent penalty. whether it can change a tie - it's pretty obvious for most people who have ever seen at least one football match lol

Truth of the matter is Bayern were wasteful and bottled a lot of chances. It had nothing to do with ref favouring Madrid or whatever.
lol bayern were wasteful AND real got favored once again. like the two were mutually exclusive lol

Big teams get favoured everywhere.
lol so it's a norm now even in a cl quarter- or semifinal lol

let's not forget that on both occasions when allegri lost a 2-leg tie against bayern and real, refs strongly favored the bigger teams against juve, and we should simply accept it, because according to xperd, that's the way it should be lol

oh boy. i get that you're arguing with me for the sake of it. still i wonder if you even read your posts sometimes. :sergio:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
You can argue all you want but you won't find a single Bayern fan who will blame refs for their wastefulness last night. They could have had the win in the bag if they were clinical enough.

I never claimed that's the way it should be but thats how it has panned out for decades and decades. We're not talking about Europe. We're talking about domestic leagues too.

Yeah and LOL. Continue crying over refs like Napoli fans. Why should I care

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
BTW if EPL wants to dominate they need to get rid of the League Cup ASAP.

Another point I would like to make: it might be better that if we don't win CL then Real keeps winning it, we might not ever become the best club ever, but we can shoot for 2nd best at some point.
We are miles behind Milan, Pool, Bayern. With our record it wont change. Would just like to win at least one in my lifetime.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Var has to be immediately implemented but uefa will postpone it till they lose credibility
Even with VAR, it is totally at the discretion of the ref to award a foul or a penalty

Refereeing in football is inconsistent. It is not as clear cut as other sports. There are situations where there is a slight contact and a player is given a yellow card or you make a bad foul and don't get booked. The rules can be totally exploited to the benefit of the referee and he could still be right.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
We are miles behind Milan, Pool, Bayern. With our record it wont change. Would just like to win at least one in my lifetime.
Like I said, things change quickly in football, all it took was one Ronaldinho for Barca to become from a 1-time CL winner to a 5-time.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Guys, had a thought. Tides change fast in football, sure it might look hopeless right now, as in Real already have almost 13 CLs, Milan who haven't been relevant for years has 5 more CLs than us.
It might seem we're cursed and so on, but consider that we will live at least 30 more years, that's 30 more seasons, I refuse to believe that a club like Juve won't have at least 3 CL wins in that time and dunno about you but that would be more than enough for me, I will not stop watching CL, I will absorb the bad years so the much-awaited desperate win feels that much better, I will be hopeful and optimistic, VAR is coming, Fino alla $#@!in fine boys!

PS we will always have Italy to dominate.
How old are you? You probably seen 15 years of Juve not winning it. With our record we wont win it ever again it seems. Marotta wont be here for another 30 years.

In before u get run over by a bus next year.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
How old are you? You probably seen 15 years of Juve not winning it. With our record we wont win it ever again it seems. Marotta wont be here for another 30 years.

Calciopoli fucked us. Unless another thing like that happens we are definitely winning a couple of CLs in our lifetime, have faith.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Like I said, things change quickly in football, all it took was one Ronaldinho for Barca to become from a 1-time CL winner to a 5-time.
By same logic we might go from 2 time finalist last 4 years to no finals next decade. Important players are retiring in coming years who wont be easy to replace.

Also u might have that one night u are drunk like a skunk and fk some chick who gives u hiv. Then it becomes a race which happens before. Juve winning CL next 10 years or u die.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Considering Italy's talent pool, maybe we have to wait for another 10-20 years

And also if we prioritize winning CL over scudetto.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Calciopoli $#@!ed us. Unless another thing like that happens we are definitely winning a couple of CLs in our lifetime, have faith.
We didnt even win them before calciopoli. 97-98-03 fantastic teams lost. We fkng lost two with Zidane. Then we lost to a Milan team playing with 10 in extra time.

It will be harder and harder to compete in the market to buy players to win this thing. We need top signing this summer not 20m Roma reserve midfielder signings or Samp ones. We need top quality names.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Number 1 thing that needs to happen is that the club has to prioritize CL over all else. Real, Milan and Liverpool won most their CLs when they've already lost the league.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Only hope is that Zidane is this genius manager and we will hire him one day. And he can do some magic.

Things will change for sure. Ronaldo is 33. Their team is full of 30 year old players in Modric, Ramos, Marcello. These guys are their core and wont be easy to replace.

We wont see this type of dominance in 3-4 years time.

It will level out in some sense after that but with our record we still wont win sh.t.

- - - Updated - - -

Number 1 thing that needs to happen is that the club has to prioritize CL over all else. Real, Milan and Liverpool won most their CLs when they've already lost the league.
I think that is too big of a gamble for our management.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

i started following football (and juve) around '86. i've seen the '96 final, but since then, we didn't manage to win the damn thing even when the club was sitting comfortably among the 5 richest clubs in the world. now we're closer to being out of the top10 than coming back into the top5, so we'll have even less chance for a win year by year. i'm ready for an other 20-30 years of disappointment before we win it once again. :baus:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)