Champions League 2017/2018 (8 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I'm in no way a fan of Liverpool or Utd in any shape or form. But I have been to both Old Trafford and Anfield, and the atmosphere there IS everything it's cracked up to be. Of course, this doesn't apply to the entire PL. Some English stadia are dull and boring, but not those two.

P.S. I'll leave it there but happy to discuss more in PL thread, don't want to derail this section from the CL conversations :jck: (warning to self).
It may be a nice atmosphere, but it doesent hold a candle to BL stadiums, you dont need to be to stadiums to see that much. The stadiums are always full tho, Ill give you that

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
They do. As did the old White Hart Lane, St James Park etc. Thing about atmosphere is that it's not really appreciable on a YouTube video filmed from someone's mobile 'phone, and something you have to experience in person by being there. Emirates, Etihad, Stamford Bridge, Wembley - not so much.

Liverpool, although I can't stand them, will have an amazing / intimidating atmosphere for the Roma match (depending on your allegiance).

Admittedly, those German stadiums are bouncing. Literally. They look great.

P.S. @Enron. A Liverpool fan that isn't an delusioned and entitled whinger. Seems like a good lad.
Thanks!

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
It may be a nice atmosphere, but it doesent hold a candle to BL stadiums, you dont need to be to stadiums to see that much. The stadiums are always full tho, Ill give you that
:agree:

Germans are very passionated people, in the 30´s - 40´s might have changed that word with fanatic :baus: When they first get an idea :shifty:

Mar 3, 2014
Serie A atmospheres when packed are something incredible.
The problem is that the stadia:
-are old
-often in inconvenient locations
-way too big
-in olympic style with track
-Have implemented strict security rules that make it harder for fans to bring in the smoke/flairs that they used to bring

Juventus Stadium is beautiful, the location isn't ideal, but it's still very comfortable. The olympico is ugly, and unless there is a rivalry, it is empty.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
So, Real aren’t even playing this weekend :howler:
If just other countries gave the same privileges to their top teams as Spain do to Real and Barca.
then they'd have smart footie federations, the league benefits a lot if it's well represented in Europe, so it should do all in it's power to support a club that's fighting for CL or EL title.

sadly, Italians make the most retarded calendars by far from the league starting later, which fucks up European preliminaries and makes the season packed, to crucial Coppa fixtures and midweek rounds being close to CL knockout fixtures. I honestly believe Italian clubs would do better in Europe if the league tried to help them

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
I remember Kuipers telling Messi to get the $#@! up and stop whining during our second leg game in Barcelona last year. Bayern could surely do worse. Brych for Roma on the other hand is just awful :lol:
I remember Lewandowski scoring 4 goals against Madrid in semis 2013 2nd leg. He was referee::lol3::

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)