Champions League 2017/2018 (12 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
But at least they'd get exposed and a few of their excuses would become irrelevant
Come on now, if 2 final losses didn't trigger anything resembling an angry mercato why would they care what some other team with similar budget does? Your thought process is legit from football fan perspective it's but too optimistic that execs will catch up on it

Marotta needs to leave or we will never make the next step

Buy on AliExpress.com

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Come on now, if 2 final losses didn't trigger anything resembling an angry mercato why would they care what some other team with similar budget does? Your thought process is legit from football fan perspective it's but too optimistic that execs will catch up on it

The small stadium also has something to say. 41.000 to compete with the other top clubs who have 70-80.000 seaters stadium is impossible, they sell many more tickets, having much more sale from the crowd and so on and on.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

They won't care but the fans will. Some will stop drinking the kool-aid of excuses and that puts more pressure on them, since that proves that winning the CL is not impossible.

Going to two finals made us look like overachievers so the narrative is intact therefore no need to to trigger a response in the mercato but once a Roma or Liverpool wins it, the narrative goes down the toilet

I'm not saying the exec will necessarily catch up, but at least they'll have more pressure. Not saying that'll make them act

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
They won't care but the fans will. Some will stop drinking the kool-aid of excuses and that puts more pressure on them, since that proves that winning the CL is not impossible.

Going to two finals made us look like overachievers so the narrative is intact therefore no need to to trigger a response in the mercato but once a Roma or Liverpool wins it, the narrative goes down the toilet

I'm not saying the exec will necessarily catch up, but at least they'll have more pressure
They dont give a shit when there are other clubs and their media trying to taint our image. Why would they care if some English team won Champions league ? Thats irrelevant to them.

I really dont know how much fans in Italy want that CL as compared to the non-Italian fanbase. The narrative all these years has been 'win it for Buffon'. Now that he's gone , will be there be the same level of motivation to go all the way ?

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
They dont give a shit when there are other clubs and their media trying to taint our image. Why would they care if some English team won Champions league ? Thats irrelevant to them.
That's so true. They'll just take the humiliation and make love with it. But at least they'll have more pressure and not be seen as perfect, I'm not saying they'll act on it though

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
The small stadium also has something to say. 41.000 to compete with the other top clubs who have 70-80.000 seaters stadium is impossible, they sell many more tickets, having much more sale from the crowd and so on and on.
Ticket sales are the least important part of club's income.There's a reason we build a stadium that holds only 41.000 ,Italian teams have a problem filling them.We have a much better atmosphere now.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Ticket sales are the least important part of club's income.There's a reason we build a stadium that holds only 41.000 ,Italian teams have a problem filling them.We have a much better atmosphere now.
I know, but still try to think about how much 7-80.000 will generate when comparing with 40.000. Its not only the tickets, also what they buy meanwhile being on the stadium.

And yes, the amount of spectators are not the most crucial Factor, but its just hard to compete with those who can fill in double amount.

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
I know, but still try to think about how much 7-80.000 will generate when comparing with 40.000. Its not only the tickets, also what they buy meanwhile being on the stadium.

And yes, the amount of spectators are not the most crucial Factor, but its just hard to compete with those who can fill in double amount.
There's no reason to have a bigger stadium if you can't fill it in most of the games .Having a full 60.000 stadium in few CL games doesn't outweigh the cons of having a half empty stadium in 80% of Serie A games.That's why the owners decided to have a 41.000-seater in the first place.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
There's no reason to have a bigger stadium if you can't fill it in most of the games .Having a full 60.000 stadium in few CL games doesn't outweigh the cons of having a half empty stadium in 80% of Serie A games.That's why the owners decided to have a 41.000-seater in the first place.
But that wasnt my point really. :p I know why Juve only built it for 41.000 capacity and its the most sensible reason in their situation.

My point though was more that its one of the other factors that will make Juventus trail behind the other top clubs, as they have much bigger stadiums/crowds, and are there for offcourse generating much more in that amount.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
But that wasnt my point really. :p I know why Juve only built it for 41.000 capacity and its the most sensible reason in their situation.

My point though was more that its one of the other factors that will make Juventus trail behind the other top clubs, as they have much bigger stadiums/crowds, and are there for offcourse generating much more in that amount.
yes, but a small one.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
:agree:

abstract

Mar 3, 2012

That's the last thing we should worry about.If we had Bayern's stadium income, nothing significant would change.The gap would be the same.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Match day revenue is a small stream compared to TV rights and sponsorship deals. A bigger stadium would help, but it is by no means a game changer.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Chances of a Roma comeback? Who believes they can pull it off?

I don't but I'll be cheering for them
I think they have a good shot. Our midfield is exhausted and the forwards are starting to show wear as well. It will depend on the first part of the match. If we can't get a goal early I can see Roma running all over us late in the match.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
This tweet is why I hate Liverpool and Liverpool fans.

[video=twitter;991730219324145664]https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/991730219324145664[/video]

Dimwits think everything comes out their bin dipping arses

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
This tweet is why I hate Liverpool and Liverpool fans.

[video=twitter;991730219324145664]https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/991730219324145664[/video]

Dimwits think everything comes out their bin dipping arses
If there is anything coming out of my ass it's because I'm nervous as fuck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)