Champions League 2017/2018 (18 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Yeah City would be very tough under Fraudiola. He seems to have the better of Max too, lucky $#@!.
Let’s be honest, Pep has the better team atm and the players for his entertaining football style... but than let’s take a look around and we’ll see that despite Pep’s genius there are sheikhs who been injecting milions over milions into making $hitty a star-sudden team, might be fair to ease up in overrating them for now as they won nothing yet!

- Man citty? So yeah, Pep is a lucky bastard if you compare him to Allegri, but him seemingly having the better of Allegri i’d rather rephrase, he is a good coach but his only advantage on Max would be Pep’s transfer campaigns and the fact he mainly gets who he wants regardless of money, whereas Allegri gets what Beppe finds as good market opportunities... and even in this circumstances i dont see such a big gap between Juve and Citty when it comes to being efficient, and thats probably down to Max’s genius that we do punch above our weight regardless of the opponent.
- Liverpool in my view are a walk in the park for us, theyr style of play is exactly the style we can counter by slowing down their tempo and frustrating them.
- Man UtD?very similar huge investments as Citty only that as some here pointed out, they might be the worst we can get at this stage as theyr style of play is similar to ours while arguably they got more speed/pace on the counter, but is nothing for granted, i can imagine Mourinho aswell gettin frustrated by our game-plan and we will probably be counting on that!

It will be tough nonetheless, my prediction is that we will get either Citty or Liverpool at this stage against which i got full faith that we will fight it on the same level and eventually prevail when it matters!

P.S.: Citty’s tranfers past two summers under Guardiola. ~300 milion pounds invested in players.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Attachments

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I fear them more than Manure or Tottenham

I don’t think Liverpool are a great team, I just think that their style of play could hurt us a lot.
Ffs :lol2:
This forum is amazing. We should be more like Dortmund and Napoli and now, people fear Liverpool :lol:
I swear. It’s only because of the overrated Klopp. Every hipster’s dream coach.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
United. Liverpool is fearsome in counters and lately we give plenty of chances in counters.
@Hængebøffer

- - - Updated - - -

Ffs :lol2:
This forum is amazing. We should be more like Dortmund and Napoli and now, people fear Liverpool :lol:
I swear. It’s only because of the overrated Klopp. Every hipster’s dream coach.
Kloppo :rofl:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Liverpool are the sort of team who are devastating when the going is good and they are on top of you, they have one gear and live or die by it. Klopp is no tactician.

Worst case scenario facing teams like them is that you have a very bad 20 minutes and they grab a goal or two and then they have counter attacking experts. Potentially a very difficult team to face, but put a wall up and create a more tactical game and it swings in your favour.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Chelsea-Barcelona
Bayern-Manchester City
Real Madrid-PSG
Basel-Roma

These would be lovely. Three strong opponents eliminated and the Basel-Roma winner as a potential opponent in the quarters.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Chelsea-Barcelona
Bayern-Manchester City
Real Madrid-PSG
Basel-Roma

These would be lovely. Three strong opponents eliminated and the Basel-Roma winner as a potential opponent in the quarters.
Those matches look like the quater finals.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Liverpool are the sort of team who are devastating when the going is good and they are on top of you, they have one gear and live or die by it. Klopp is no tactician.

Worst case scenario facing teams like them is that you have a very bad 20 minutes and they grab a goal or two and then they have counter attacking experts. Potentially a very difficult team to face, but put a wall up and create a more tactical game and it swings in your favour.
Yes people saying Liverpool would be easy for us are not looking at the bigger picture

They can hit you with 2 goals in succession very fast

It would be one of the more difficult ties for us imo

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
PSG could be tough while Utd anti football game could hurt us
City are good but not PSG level IMO
Besiktas would be great but if not them Id like to avoid PSG and Utd with preference to Liverpool
Liverpool didnt play against a strong team so obviously when Sevilla is your strongest opponent you are going to finish first...
Besiktas are also not to be underestimated as the have some grit in them but if we draw Besiktas or Liverpool we have more than 80% chance of qualifying..
IMO chances of qualifying facing the following teams are:
Besiktas 90%
Liverpool 85%
Tottenham 65%
PSG 50%
City 55%
Utd 50% (not because they are so good but because of their anti football thing which could be problematic for us)
Juventus vs Man utd would be an interesting match. Pogba reaction and his posts on instagram will be amazing to me.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I wouldn't be too fast laughing at Liverpool and putting them down as easy opponents, Klopp's record against PL top 6 is incredible, partly because of how good they're on the counter when they're allowed to play 2nd number against stronger sides. They would be a tricky opponent for us indeed, but then again - so would be all clubs who've won their CL groups this year

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Exactly, things could go brilliantly for us or be a disaster. Which is why I have no expectations for this team in the knockout stages. I feel we can easily put up 3 or 4 goals against any team in the competition, but a bad 15 minutes could see us concede the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)