Champions League 2017/2018 (36 Viewers)

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I’d like to face United, they are just a worse version of ourselves. Allegri and Mourinho have a similar football philosophy, but we have better players in most positions.

I dread the thought of playing Liverpool. Their tempo and intensity would cause us a lot of problems.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I don't understand. Why do we have more of a chance of drawing Tottenham over PSG or Manchester United?
Because English teams can't draw Chelsea therefore they can't meet two clubs instead of one. Considering we can't play two teams as well then the probability to meet an English team is higher

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Because English teams can't draw Chelsea therefore they can't meet two clubs instead of one. Considering we can't play two teams as well then the probability to meet an English team is higher
probably has something to do with the chances of who other teams can draw. Look at Chelsea for example
I figured the English sides right after I posted it :p. But then why is it that Tottenham and Manchester United have slightly varying percentages?

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I figured the English sides right after I posted it :p. But then why is it that Tottenham and Manchester United have slightly varying percentages?
Both of them have three options of around 18% instead of only two. They have three because of the possibilities of the club they're matched with (which allow them to meet one fewer team same as Chelsea)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
PSG could be tough while Utd anti football game could hurt us
City are good but not PSG level IMO
Besiktas would be great but if not them Id like to avoid PSG and Utd with preference to Liverpool
Liverpool didnt play against a strong team so obviously when Sevilla is your strongest opponent you are going to finish first...
Besiktas are also not to be underestimated as the have some grit in them but if we draw Besiktas or Liverpool we have more than 80% chance of qualifying..
IMO chances of qualifying facing the following teams are:
Besiktas 90%
Liverpool 85%
Tottenham 65%
PSG 50%
City 55%
Utd 50% (not because they are so good but because of their anti football thing which could be problematic for us)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I think it's safe to say that neither of the CL group winners would be a walk in the park for us, Besiktas qualified with 14 points (4-2-0) in a group with Porto, Leipzig and Monaco, those are good teams, none of them are easy 6pointers like Quarabag or Maribor. I'm happy we're avoiding Barca, Bayern and RM for now, but whoever we draw it's going to be a real fight, where a few stupid incidents could knock us out

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
PSG could be tough while Utd anti football game could hurt us
City are good but not PSG level IMO
Besiktas would be great but if not them Id like to avoid PSG and Utd with preference to Liverpool
Liverpool didnt play against a strong team so obviously when Sevilla is your strongest opponent you are going to finish first...
Besiktas are also not to be underestimated as the have some grit in them but if we draw Besiktas or Liverpool we have more than 80% chance of qualifying..
IMO chances of qualifying facing the following teams are:
Besiktas 90%
Liverpool 85%
Tottenham 65%
PSG 50%
City 55%
Utd 50% (not because they are so good but because of their anti football thing which could be problematic for us)
That means our chance to qualify for quaterfinals are 65.5%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)