Champions League 2016/2017 (140 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Extremely confident of Juve winning the group, not just because of the strength of the other teams in the group but because of the quality of Juve's strikers.
We haven't had such a potent strike force since our comeback. That will be the difference against the smaller teams. We still need a midfielder against the Giants, so we should go all out for James.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Italy goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu has officially joined Sevilla on a one-season loan from Paris Saint-Germain.

The 29-year-old shot-stopper flew in for his medical today and signed the contract.

Sevilla announced it was a one-season loan, though there does not appear to be an option to buy.

Sirigu had been linked with a return to Serie A after dropping down the pecking order at PSG.

His Sevilla are in the same Champions League group as Juventus.

:klin:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
They need an italian, to stop the italian. Wont be enough, we got an Argies :tuttosport: but its a good signing from sevilla though they have sergio rico who is already impressive.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
So PL doesn't lose their 4th spot. Maybe UEFA was scared they would leave the CL some day.
You do realize the English are the only ones who don't give a fuck about the money of CL?

This was surely pushed by Italians, Germans and Spanish mostly.

This measure is to limit the idea of super league, which the big teams want primarily because they feel the money and spectacle of CL isn't enough. Again probably again another idea the English weren't forerunners for even if they would be in it, because they are swimming in moolah in their league.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
You do realize the English are the only ones who don't give a fuck about the money of CL?

This was surely pushed by Italians, Germans and Spanish mostly.

This measure is to limit the idea of super league, which the big teams want primarily because they feel the money and spectacle of CL isn't enough. Again probably again another idea the English weren't forerunners for even if they would be in it, because they are swimming in moolah in their league.

I figured the PL threatened to leave the CL and used the fact they don't need the CL money as leverage but it also could have been pushed by Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They would never threaten to leave CL for that, they have 3 guaranteed spot and 1 qualifier, and that 4th qualifier tends to qualify, so yeah that's not a valid motivation, neither is money part. They want to win CL for competitive reasons, but money and marketing reasons isn't part of it for them.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
They would never threaten to leave CL for that, they have 3 guaranteed spot and 1 qualifier, and that 4th qualifier tends to qualify, so yeah that's not a valid motivation, neither is money part. They want to win CL for competitive reasons, but money and marketing reasons isn't part of it for them.

:tup:

Will the 4 spots be automatic group stages or will 1 spot be a play off?

*edit

Just checked all 4 spots are group stages

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Hope people can drop this team coefficinti bs at least now. It doesn't make sense now anymore. We support Juventus not Serie A. It would be embarrassing if people continue to cheer on rival Italian teams. I'm finally done with this shit.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Yes, there are two paths you can go by but in the long run there's still time to change the road you're on
:touched:

i'm still saying that we won't be able to match those 5-600m yearly income figures of the likes of real and barcelona without a strong league. i hope we win the league forever, and i'll still laugh on roma when they choke in europe, but let's not forget we also need a healthy league to be attractive for fake fans and greedy class players. fuck modern football, but that's the path to follow.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Hope people can drop this team coefficinti bs at least now. It doesn't make sense now anymore. We support Juventus not Serie A. It would be embarrassing if people continue to cheer on rival Italian teams. I'm finally done with this shit.
Those who cheer for Milan especially in Europe are the biggest cunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 140)