Cars!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
i have a classic lotus cortina as well, but that will never leave my garage, its sentimental
Hmm... An interesting choice. Among Lotus, that's one of my least favourite, but still a fine vehicle all around. Good for you.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Paul, I am ever so close to tears right now.

I'm sure you know just how lucky you are, and that this would NEVER happen here in the States, especially since "Gone in 60 seconds" made the Shleby GT 500 so popular again.

That car, even in that condition in the US would still cost 10-15 thousand.

OP
Henry

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
  • Thread Starter #65
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++

I'm sure you know just how lucky you are, and that this would NEVER happen here in the States, especially since "Gone in 60 seconds" made the Shleby GT 500 so popular again.

That car, even in that condition in the US would still cost 10-15 thousand.
    I searched for one on the web, and it was $4-5 thousand.....I expected a lot more!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++

I searched for one on the web, and it was $4-5 thousand.....I expected a lot more!
    In the same condition that Paul had stated??

for a '67 Shelby GT 500??????

You wouldn't mind telling me where exactly you saw this, would you, ol buddy, ol pal???:)

Also, keep in mind, Henry, that Paul had stated that this had the original engine, matching VIN #'s and all, and the engine was in perfect condition.

Hence, the 10-15K price tag.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++

Hmm... An interesting choice. Among Lotus, that's one of my least favourite, but still a fine vehicle all around. Good for you.
    As i said ,its sentimental.
    It was a gift, outside of the day i got it, when i drove it nigh on continuously for 12hours, I have never driven and will never drive it again.

The day after i got it, i had it prepared for storage.
    It has sat in my barn in a plastic crate ever since and will allways remain there.

venom

Oct 22, 2003
    So somewhat related - what's the name of that upcoming Alfa Romeo? I mean the one which was introduced last fall IIRC. Coupe with Maserati's 4.2 liter engine and a traditional name. The very first moment I saw the pic of it I knew I was in love. Well I'll never be rich enough to buy one, so don't come around if you want to have it unharmed:devil:

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++

I think you will find that the price listed there is the original retail price of the car in 1967... definately no where near what they cost these days

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
    I think the design of the new Audi A8 is positively magnificient -not the cheapest model out there unfortunately. Performances wise, nothing beats the new Bugatti Veyron though. 0 to 60mph in 2.9s flat, 0 to 186mph in 14, 987bhp (!) and a top speed of 252mph.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
    An SL55 AMG that i drive every day
    Does this mean you two SL55's?

Jus bought a wrecked 67 Shelby that I hope to restore, but its pretty fecked
    Can you be bothered to set up a website for the Shelby job? Some of us will only get this close to a Shelby GT500.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
    My realistic dream car is Subaru WRX Sti 2004.
    Awesome machine for the speed nut. Forget the comfort this is one mean machine.
    You like this one, seriously?!? My boss has it and everytime I seeit I cannot but think what an butt-ugly car! :angel: And it makes too much noise.

What is it exactly with boys/men and cars? :D I cannot understand why anyone would spend a fortune on a car. Unless of course you spend most of the day in it, then I guess it would matter.

OP
    Henry

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
  • Thread Starter #78
    such a nice car:greedy:

@ Shadowfax-I thought that might be the case, but that seems abit weird to post the original price :confused:

OP
    Henry

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
  • Thread Starter #79
    ++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++
    I think the design of the new Audi A8 is positively magnificient -not the cheapest model out there unfortunately. Performances wise, nothing beats the new Bugatti Veyron though. 0 to 60mph in 2.9s flat, 0 to 186mph in 14, 987bhp (!) and a top speed of 252mph.

I know-it's insane! I heard that they couldn't find tires that were good enough....

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++

Eleanor :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)