Carlos Tevez (163 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
lewandowski? :howler: aguero has been underwhelming and tevez has been more decisive over their tenures at city. the way I see it there are 2 camps here, those who see the guy play and those who saw his wiki page.
True. What they also forget, is the fact that this guy is the epitome of what Conte wants in his strikers. The work ethic is crazy, the guy battles like a beast. Him being 29 is probably the only thing that can be held against him in this signing, and that too is a negligible point given that he has at least 3 WC years at a bare minimum to give the side. Far outweighs the 12m euro bid we are rumoured to be closing this deal at.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Doubt this would change his homesickness.
I'm sure Turin is a lot nicer than Manchester at least..

True. What they also forget, is the fact that this guy is the epitome of what Conte wants in his strikers. The work ethic is crazy, the guy battles like a beast. Him being 29 is probably the only thing that can be held against him in this signing, and that too is a negligible point given that he has at least 3 WC years at a bare minimum to give the side. Far outweighs the 12m euro bid we are rumoured to be closing this deal at.
:agree: Ever since Conte arrived and I saw how we played I always knew Tevez would be the ultimate player for us.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
And there are two more camps.
Those who have seen the guy play recently.
And those who are still stuck with "a once upon a time a great" tevez's performances from 2010 and before.
Form is temporary. He hasn't forgotten how to play the game, mind you. It's just the kind of continuity he's going to get that is going to optimise his game and bring him back to his game changing best. At City, he was always insecure of his position at the club and in the team. At Juve, he's going to have no competition when fit. It makes a big difference for a striker. He's to be able to play more freely when he doesn't have to worry about continuity.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
lewandowski? :howler: aguero has been underwhelming and tevez has been more decisive over their tenures at city. the way I see it there are 2 camps here, those who see the guy play and those who saw his wiki page.
Tsss. I'm in camp 3.

In awe of him as a player (still), but annoyed at all the fuss that comes with him.

Imo, he's the prime example of a player Juve should only get if it's (to use B81's words) a complete steal. But I don't consider the numbers floating around right now to be steal.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Tsss. I'm in camp 3.

In awe of him as a player (still), but annoyed at all the fuss that comes with him.

Imo, he's the prime example of a player Juve should only get if it's (to us B81's words) a complete steal. But I don't consider the numbers floating around right now to be steal.
wat

12m and 5.5m... If that's not a steal for one of the best forwards in the world I don't know what is.

what do you want? 3m and 0.6m ?

Probably you're just being preemptive for when we don't sign him to defend Marotta.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Please, better the RvP, the guy scores goals for fun, made ManU own the EPL ths year by a massive lead.
Lewa can be discussed, agreed.
And yet, RVP was debated and discussed and considered to be the biggest risk our money could buy when we considered him last season, given that he had done almost nothing for Arsena in the two seasons priorl to suggest he was a player who could be valued at 30m in the last year of his contract.

He was injured too much to get the continuity he needed. But he never forgot how to play the game. That's what he's proving at Utd, with a far more organised team and club.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
After all this i still dint say i dont want him here.
Beggars cant be choosers but i wont get an erection or summin like some others if he arrived.
Also There's more risk involved in signing tevez than a higgy or a jojo.just saying.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Tsss. I'm in camp 3.

Imo, he's the prime example of a player Juve should only get if it's (to use B81's words) a complete steal. But I don't consider the numbers floating around right now to be steal.
Just out of curiosity, what would you pay for Tevez in the last year of his contract, and what wages would you give him considering the fact that he's actually taking a PAY CUT to join the team if you believe the figures.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
And yet, RVP was debated and discussed and considered to be the biggest risk our money could buy when we considered him last season, given that he had done almost nothing for Arsena in the two seasons priorl to suggest he was a player who could be valued at 30m in the last year of his contract.

He was injured too much to get the continuity he needed. But he never forgot how to play the game. That's what he's proving at Utd, with a far more organised team and club.
But he never complained, whined, was homesick and stuff like that.
I don't doubt the player Tevez (not top 5 of the world IMO), but I don't rate the person Tevez.
Especially not for the numbers rumoured.
The transfer fee yes, the wages, no, especially considering the extra taxes that come above his wage

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
After all this i still dint say i dont want him here.
Beggars cant be choosers but i wont get an erection or summin like some others if he arrived.
Also There's more risk involved in signing tevez than a higgy or a jojo.just saying.
Tevez is better than both, and is costing half. Don't see the risk at all if he stays fit.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
wat

12m and 5.5m... If that's not a steal for one of the best forwards in the world I don't know what is.

what do you want? 3m and 0.6m ?

Probably you're just being preemptive for when we don't sign him to defend Marotta.
I'm not going to answer this question again, since I already did yesterday. In this very thread.

As for this being preemptive so I can defend Marotta: absolutely! Thing is, I won't cry & bitch if he comes and I won't cry & bitch if he doesn't come.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
But he never complained, whined, was homesick and stuff like that.
I don't doubt the player Tevez (not top 5 of the world IMO), but I don't rate the person Tevez.
Especially not for the numbers rumoured.
The transfer fee yes, the wages, no, especially considering the extra taxes that come above his wage
Like I said, that from the ground up City and Juve are very different propositions. When a team is built differently in ethics and mentality, it does have a bearing on the player, and I'm sure the environment here would discipline Tevez more than him having outbursts like he did at City. Every player at City came for the money, without any philosophy trying them together. Juve is not like that. Just the legacy is bigger than any player.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Tsss. I'm in camp 3.

and i ll side with you, surprisingly, the only thing im worried about is tevez missing home, so 12 mil is a fair price imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 161)