Carlos Tevez (140 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
The guy grew up in poverty. Can anyone blame him for looking at his long term goals of financial security? Or are we going to get the same arguments of "he makes more than any of us, he doesn't need more money blah blah blah".

I know for certain, if I grew up in a favela type of slum and I had a chance to max my bank account while my body physically allowed it AND still play for teams that can dominate or be competitive in whatever country they would be in I probably wouldn't even think twice
. ESPECIALLY when I have kids to look out for as well.

The haters. Screw you guys. Whether he leaves or not he gave us a lot in two years and until any of you walk in his shoes STFU.
:disagree: is this the falcao thread :D

I guess you need to be american to understand that kinda thinking :boh:

if i grew up in a favela like tevez, i would be more than happy with what
i already have on my bank account.

and again - he doesn’t play for peanuts here.

...the famous "he-has-kids-excuse" :sergio:

guess he lacks the money to raise some children,
4million a year is just not enough, you are right.

if he wants back to boca - no problem.
we all knew he wanted to go back there sometime.

but if he leaves us for atletico after all his
"i respect my contract" talk, just for even more money,
i as juventus fan have every right to be pissed.

@Ocelot

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Yup, pretty much.

Just to be clear, I wouldn't be pissed at him, as he's just been an amazing player for us the past two season, and gave his all on the pitch. What I would be pissed at would be him leaving in the manner that he did.

A little bit like the Conte situation in that regard, nonwithstanding all the obivious differences.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Atletico President :

"I'd like to take Tevez, we are interested in him. We want great professionals, top player and he is one of them. But if his heart beats for Boca,it is hard to fight a feeling. "

# Boca , # Angelici : " # Tevez ? He expressed the desire to return. We will meet after the match against Uruguay

He's gone gents.

Apr 19, 2007
The whole he has enough money argument is stupid. He has done just as much for Juve than we have done for him. Yes we revived his career at a late age but he also made us significantly better hen he came and has never been negative in how he approached anything including wanting to leave. The only time I have an issue is when they cause trouble in the locker room or refuse to leave when they dont live up to their contracts.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
The guy grew up in poverty. Can anyone blame him for looking at his long term goals of financial security? Or are we going to get the same arguments of "he makes more than any of us, he doesn't need more money blah blah blah".

I know for certain, if I grew up in a favela type of slum and I had a chance to max my bank account while my body physically allowed it AND still play for teams that can dominate or be competitive in whatever country they would be in I probably wouldn't even think twice. ESPECIALLY when I have kids to look out for as well.

The haters. Screw you guys. Whether he leaves or not he gave us a lot in two years and until any of you walk in his shoes STFU.
What's wrong with you Cam? Crew up in poverty? And because of that he needs to make more money during his career than someone like Pirlo who didn't crew up in poverty? Yea you make so much sense.

And that's the reason why you aren't our new Del Piero even though you look awesome with CK underwear on you.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015

I know for certain, if I grew up in a favela type of slum and I had a chance to max my bank account while my body physically allowed it AND still play for teams that can dominate or be competitive in whatever country they would be in I probably wouldn't even think twice. ESPECIALLY when I have kids to look out for as well.

:agree: If I was a professional athlete I would always do what's best for me. "Worry about yourself, your family, and the people that are important to you."

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
He wont.Atletico(Simeone in particular) is seeing if he can take advantage of the situation and try to convince him to bring him to Atletico but Tevez seems to only want Boca.
Yeah, I'd kinda understand it if he leaves for Boca, but if he'll leave for Atletico it would look like a bitch slap to us IMO.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
It doesn't matter why he wants to leave. And TBH from the reports it looks like he wants a new challenge, not more money.

Thanks to Tevez we went back to european top football. For 2 seasons he gave his all on the pitch for us. I'm thankful for this and I wish him good luck with the new adventure.

We are getting at least three new young strikers - Dybala, Berardi and Zaza. We'll be fine, but he will be missed.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
He just wants to go back to his homeland for himself and his family.He's done with Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

Boca's president :

“We need to be cautious on the Tevez issue, as this type of negotiation is not easy when he has a contract with Juventus,” Angelici told reporters.

“This week we will start talks with him, with Juventus and with his agent. It’s a difficult operation and will require patience.

“After the Uruguay game, we will go and get a coffee together. He always told me of his desire to return to Boca, not just for him, but for his children too.”

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004

:agree:

I know people will say how he has enough money to feed his kids and that's entirely true but if I had the chance to make a shit load of money to support not just my children but my children's children then I would do the exact same thing.

If your family lived in poverty for generations and you had the chance to single handily change the future of the current and next generations then would you not do the same?

For me Tevez owes us nothing and even though I would love him to stay I'll never hold a grudge if he does decide to move on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 139)