Carlos Tevez (84 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
If it's all about more money then we should end this by giving him a rise.He deserves it and if we let him go we won't find an equal or better player for the same money.

If he goes though I hope we focus on giving Dybala a chance, pair him with Morata and get a proper AM to back them up. In our current situation it's impossible to replace Tevez one-to-one.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Tevez is certainly a great player and I thank him for the contributions to the club, but he has always been a mercenary type of player. He will always be a transient professional looking for a better contract every couple of years. Wouldn't be surprised if he wants to leave.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Tevez is certainly a great player and I thank him for the contributions to the club, but he has always been a mercenary type of player. He will always be a transient professional looking for a better contract every couple of years. Wouldn't be surprised if he wants to leave.
It's just a pity that we would have to start over in attack.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
If he's willing to extend for a year or two, give him the salary bump. Seems like a win-win situation to me, because we'd get the player longer than we thought we'd have him for, and he's been everything we had hoped he would be -- he's earned a raise.

If he doesn't extend, let him play out his current deal, or find him a nice home somewhere else (if he prefers to leave).

Hopefully he gets a modest bump, and stays in the mix.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I'll repeat it once again.

Each time Del Piero was disucussing a contract extention, with the obvious raise, suddenly he was linked to several teams. Followed by his comments that "he admired the EPL" and "might want to play there sometime".
And when his extention was signed, all these rumors disappeared untill the next one.

Tevez came here in a serious cut of his deal. With the significant increase in revenue and the importance he had in that, its not abnormal he seeks a better deal.

People should shut up about jumping to conclusions, and see what actually happens. He wants a raise and is putting pressure via his agent ? every player does that.

Lets just wait and see shall we. I'm sure Marotta finds an agreement soon.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
If Tevez wanted a raise he'd meet with Juve and it would happen in an instant. We are always open to it. Look at Conte and now Allegri. He didn't have to create this shitstorm for a raise. He is seriously considering leaving. If he stays, great.. but he isn't doing this for a better contract.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
If Tevez wanted a raise he'd meet with Juve and it would happen in an instant. We are always open to it. Look at Conte and now Allegri. He didn't have to create this shitstorm for a raise. He is seriously considering leaving. If he stays, great.. but he isn't doing this for a better contract.
Right, wich is why Licht and Pirlo were sorted out so quickly...

Tevez signed a contract, and will probably leave at the end of it next season, he wont stay two.
So why should Marotta significantly increase his pay for 1 year, with the signing fee and agent fee considered ?

The above is whats currently at our boards mind.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
If all it takes is better contract, then give it to him. Because this means he can STAY over 2016? :weee: If he has given up on Boca for now and wants more money, he deserves it. Keep your biggiest champion of a warrior at all costs IMO.
:agree:

And who cares what the other players think. He's been by far our best player for the past 2 years. If he's after a little extra money, we need to give it to him.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
This is no time for Juve to play cheap. I say this. Pay Tevez what atletico is offering and keep him. Then go use all that money from the CL this year and the new Adidas contract and get Cavani too. If we want to win the CL this is the route they need to take.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)