Carlos Tevez (7 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
As good as a player Tevez is he has proven he can't make the difference in the CL for us.

Everyone sucks Tevez $#@! on this forum for bullying small serie A teams, if he can do it against Dortmund and carry the team to victory ill admit I was wrong.

I think he's a pretty good player but he misses chances sometimes thay other top strikers would put away which costs us in Europe.
Dude you're knocking the wrong door though. Tevez is not a problem here at all. Rather the contrary: he's the only one regular goalscorer we have. Besides he's the one who makes the offensive play for us. He carries our attack pretty much on his own (with exceptions being Pogba and Pirlo from time to time). Add to that the fact he really works hard in defense (much more and harder than other forwards) and also don't you forget he's the one playing the most. He's almost never rested.

Yes he might not be perfect but if you really consider him as a 'problem' then he's the least one definitely. When you want to improve something you should start off from weakest points and Tevez is far from that.

If you want him to score against top dogs in Europe you should offer him better partners in attack, on the highest level it's impossible for him to do everything on his own, especially with having every single Serie A match in his legs. Give him a proper CF as partner, someone who will be able to do more than one lay off during whole 90 minutes and he might do better. Give a better AM/winger beside him so he'd be able to pass a proper ball, distract defenders offering some runs etc. Even Ronaldo can't do it all on his own, Portugal is a good example of that.

We have to improve our attack and overall as a team. Too often our best players go missing in important matches and it's difficult for a couple of players to turn things around if it happens. IMO Tevez is already very good for us but if he's given better partners upfront he'll do even better.

And no, I'm not a Tevez lover, actually I called him finished and didn't want him back in the day he was coming. I had to eat my words though, he's been very good for us so far and the Del Piero's comparisons are really pointless. Del Piero was better back in the day but he played besides the likes of Zidane, Nedved, Camoranesi, Trezeguet, Inzaghi and many more. In Tevez's case if it's not an occasional Pogba's or Pirlo's brilliance is left on his own.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Dude you're knocking the wrong door though. Tevez is not a problem here at all. Rather the contrary: he's the only one regular goalscorer we have. Besides he's the one who makes the offensive play for us. He carries our attack pretty much on his own (with exceptions being Pogba and Pirlo from time to time). Add to that the fact he really works hard in defense (much more and harder than other forwards) and also don't you forget he's the one playing the most. He's almost never rested.

Yes he might not be perfect but if you really consider him as a 'problem' then he's the least one definitely. When you want to improve something you should start off from weakest points and Tevez is far from that.

If you want him to score against top dogs in Europe you should offer him better partners in attack, on the highest level it's impossible for him to do everything on his own, especially with having every single Serie A match in his legs. Give him a proper CF as partner, someone who will be able to do more than one lay off during whole 90 minutes and he might do better. Give a better AM/winger beside him so he'd be able to pass a proper ball, distract defenders offering some runs etc. Even Ronaldo can't do it all on his own, Portugal is a good example of that.

We have to improve our attack and overall as a team. Too often our best players go missing in important matches and it's difficult for a couple of players to turn things around if it happens. IMO Tevez is already very good for us but if he's given better partners upfront he'll do even better.

And no, I'm not a Tevez lover, actually I called him finished and didn't want him back in the day he was coming. I had to eat my words though, he's been very good for us so far and the Del Piero's comparisons are really pointless. Del Piero was better back in the day but he played besides the likes of Zidane, Nedved, Camoranesi, Trezeguet, Inzaghi and many more. In Tevez's case if it's not an occasional Pogba's or Pirlo's brilliance is left on his own.
Ye i agree with u but the thing we are lacking mostly in the team is wing play and a finisher, Tevez is neither of them is what i'm trying to say i think he is expendable. He's not really what the team needs and in those big games he isn't making the difference for us.

Maybe if he had Aguero in front of him it would be a different story i could imagine the 2 of them combining in attack and really doing some damage.

Moggi said it when we signed Tevez, as good as a player he is he wont be able to make us bridge that gap in Europe and he has been proven right, i thought Tevez was a good buy but so far his impact in Europe has been mediocre for us.

A lot of teams get very far by just having that 1 player who can put the ball in the back of the net when he's given just half a chance, thats what can get a team further than they are normally capable of and we dont have that.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Wow some Scandinavian team called Malmo which I have never even heard of.

The guy is so good for scoring against that team he really is. Let's wait and see how he does against Dortmund if he pereforms over both legs I will eat my words and admit I was wrong.

Until then he is still not the big game player we need unlike Del Piero who always performed in big games.
Well he scored two goals in a game that ended 2-0. Clearly no one else in the squad could goddamn score against some Scandinavian team called Malmo which you have never even heard of. In total we scored only 7 goals in the group stage, that's it. His 3 goals amounts to 42.8% of them in the biggest tournament we can compete in. Sounds pretty decisive to me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)