Carlos Tevez (15 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Ye i agree with u but the thing we are lacking mostly in the team is wing play and a finisher, Tevez is neither of them is what i'm trying to say i think he is expendable. He's not really what the team needs and in those big games he isn't making the difference for us.

Maybe if he had Aguero in front of him it would be a different story i could imagine the 2 of them combining in attack and really doing some damage.

Moggi said it when we signed Tevez, as good as a player he is he wont be able to make us bridge that gap in Europe and he has been proven right, i thought Tevez was a good buy but so far his impact in Europe has been mediocre for us.

A lot of teams get very far by just having that 1 player who can put the ball in the back of the net when he's given just half a chance, thats what can get a team further than they are normally capable of and we dont have that.
So after all he doesn't suit wing play and that's the problem for you. What I'm saying is you can't just dispose Tevez and replace him with two mediocre wingers. It just won't work. Show me what you want instead of Tevez because I don't understand how you can dispose team's best forward and thanks to that achieve better results. Who will get the job done in a better way so we won't miss Tevez? I'm listening.

You say Tevez isn't decisive enough and I disagree. 15 goals in all competitions while being halfway through the season is good enough for me. Even Del Piero or Trezeguet wouldn't be ashamed of numbers Tevez has. Again IMO Tevez is not the problem for this team - it's rather the lack of support he has. Llorente and Morata are clearly under performing, Vidal is struggling, Pogba and Pirlo are too quiet and Pereyra was bad so far. I see everyone else failing but Tevez. Let's start from improving the weakest points which are CF and AM right now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
If we had 2 good wingers I would try Tevez as a lone striker or a false 9. I think he could do a good job. But we don't. So we have to play him in SS and find a good CF and AM that can help him in the attacking phase.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
How about sell Llorente, invest some fucking money in to the starting XI in the Summer, and sign Shaqiri plus the best possible left winger that's realistically available ffs. Tevez done just fine as a lone 9 a few years ago. He'd probably have to do a little less back tracking so we have some sort of focal point up front but it's hardly an issue trying to get a player to do less.

But nah we'll be all over some fucking Italian kids who can only hope to stay on our bench one day, and some 32 year old west brom reject as a 6th striker.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
How about sell Llorente, invest some fucking money in to the starting XI in the Summer, and sign Shaqiri plus the best possible left winger that's realistically available ffs. Tevez done just fine as a lone 9 a few years ago. He'd probably have to do a little less back tracking so we have some sort of focal point up front but it's hardly an issue trying to get a player to do less.

But nah we'll be all over some fucking Italian kids who can only hope to stay on our bench one day, and some 32 year old west brom reject as a 6th striker.
We'll have Coman and most likely Berardi too.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Coman is not even half ready to be a starter for us

Berardi is only a winger on paper, he's not tricky, he's not quick and he'll always look to drift inside and shoot. We don't lack what he has to offer.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
How about sell Llorente, invest some $#@!ing money in to the starting XI in the Summer, and sign Shaqiri plus the best possible left winger that's realistically available ffs. Tevez done just fine as a lone 9 a few years ago. He'd probably have to do a little less back tracking so we have some sort of focal point up front but it's hardly an issue trying to get a player to do less.

But nah we'll be all over some $#@!ing Italian kids who can only hope to stay on our bench one day, and some 32 year old west brom reject as a 6th striker.
How about selling Llorente and buying a real goal scoring machine like Cavani.
I like tevez and all, but to rely him as our main source of goals is a bad idea. The real scorer should be assistd by tevez.

In summary, the optimal would to have Tevez paired alongside a REALLY good forward who can score for fun.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
How about selling Llorente and buying a real goal scoring machine like Cavani.
I like tevez and all, but to rely him as our main source of goals is a bad idea. The real scorer should be assistd by tevez.

In summary, the optimal would to have Tevez paired alongside a REALLY good forward who can score for fun.
Tevez doesent assist much though. he is all about doing it all by himself. i saw numerous situations where he could make an assist for an easy goal by a teammate but he decided to take a much harder shot by himself. i dont think he can change that now, thats the way he is.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Tevez doesent assist much though. he is all about doing it all by himself. i saw numerous situations where he could make an assist for an easy goal by a teammate but he decided to take a much harder shot by himself. i dont think he can change that now, thats the way he is.
yeh i know , i was not clear enought. What i mean is someone who can work together with him.

Ill sincere... I sometimes feel that tevez is the way he is because he knows he CANT link up well with llorente.
I have seen Tevez many times trying complex shid with llorente, ending in both failing and looking like fools....so most of the times he prefers to try his luck and shoot it instead of passing it to a better positioned Llorente. I see him even getting frustrated with this sometimes but he tries to refrain himself of making a fuss of it of respect to Llorente.

If he had someone pretty skilled at his side, it hink he would be less selfish and not try to do all by himself. As of now, he knows llorente is not good with the ball at his feet so he is sometimes too selfish... but ill not totally blame Tevez for that

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
So after all he doesn't suit wing play and that's the problem for you. What I'm saying is you can't just dispose Tevez and replace him with two mediocre wingers. It just won't work. Show me what you want instead of Tevez because I don't understand how you can dispose team's best forward and thanks to that achieve better results. Who will get the job done in a better way so we won't miss Tevez? I'm listening.

You say Tevez isn't decisive enough and I disagree. 15 goals in all competitions while being halfway through the season is good enough for me. Even Del Piero or Trezeguet wouldn't be ashamed of numbers Tevez has. Again IMO Tevez is not the problem for this team - it's rather the lack of support he has. Llorente and Morata are clearly under performing, Vidal is struggling, Pogba and Pirlo are too quiet and Pereyra was bad so far. I see everyone else failing but Tevez. Let's start from improving the weakest points which are CF and AM right now.
The whole point of signing Tevez was to improve us in Europe, we already won the league twice before he got here so he clearly hasn't added that much to the team if he cant do it in Europe. He was the wrong signing for what we needed. We needed a goal scorer and wingers and we still have none of them 4 years after Conte got here.

I think he is a very good player i love watching him but he can be so frustrating watching him in Europe when other strikers would be able to finish off chances he is missing. I never had a problem with Tevez i just think he is expendable in this team.

Please lets not judge him on what he does in Serie A because we were already winning that shit league with Matri as our focal point ffs. Tevez has to prove himself in Europe if he doesn't then something needs to change in the team whether thats the personnel around him or he needs replacing.

He is going to be 31 very soon, how many more years are we going to get out of him before he declines? He probably will get worse each year from now on for us little by little, i dont know how much longer we can get out of him.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
The whole point of signing Tevez was to improve us in Europe, we already won the league twice before he got here so he clearly hasn't added that much to the team if he cant do it in Europe. He was the wrong signing for what we needed. We needed a goal scorer and wingers and we still have none of them 4 years after Conte got here.

I think he is a very good player i love watching him but he can be so frustrating watching him in Europe when other strikers would be able to finish off chances he is missing. I never had a problem with Tevez i just think he is expendable in this team.

Please lets not judge him on what he does in Serie A because we were already winning that $#@! league with Matri as our focal point ffs. Tevez has to prove himself in Europe if he doesn't then something needs to change in the team whether thats the personnel around him or he needs replacing.

He is going to be 31 very soon, how many more years are we going to get out of him before he declines? He probably will get worse each year from now on for us little by little, i dont know how much longer we can get out of him.
You can't say Tevez is expandable just because we've won the scudetto with Matri. Since then the league has improved, first it was Napoli now it's Roma. We've won our last scudetto thanks to Tevez, there's no doubt about that. He came here for 12m? Find me a better player for that sum that was available at the time. If we kept Matri and Giaccherini back then (without buying Tevez in the process) we'd have it much harder to win the league, maybe Roma would've taken it then.

I think you're downplaying too much importance of scudetto. It guarantees us good money throughout contracts and CL. Winning scudetto is important because new players coming in are taught ways that make them champions. You can't just throw full force on CL and hope to somehow get it. What this club needs is financial stability and you gain it by winning the league. CL is too much about luck these days and Juve is not going to win it anytime soon. Money are too important these days and you can't win it without proper investments.

Yeah I agree we need to think about replacing Tevez in not too distant future but I can't see anyone in this team being ready to take the responsibilities he has. Especially with the thin budget it'll be very difficult. Don't get me wrong I'm myself a huge fan of 433 and wing play based formations overall. We've been calling for it with @Hustini and @Trequartista for a couple of years now but you don't fix something that's broken by replacing the parts that are ok. We switched from 352 to 4312 and that's a good transition because from there it'll be easier to move to a wing based formation for good. I'm not sure if it will happen anytime soon. It seems we're counting on our young players to fire up and it'll take time.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You can't say Tevez is expandable just because we've won the scudetto with Matri. Since then the league has improved, first it was Napoli now it's Roma. We've won our last scudetto thanks to Tevez, there's no doubt about that. He came here for 12m? Find me a better player for that sum that was available at the time. If we kept Matri and Giaccherini back then (without buying Tevez in the process) we'd have it much harder to win the league, maybe Roma would've taken it then.

I think you're downplaying too much importance of scudetto. It guarantees us good money throughout contracts and CL. Winning scudetto is important because new players coming in are taught ways that make them champions. You can't just throw full force on CL and hope to somehow get it. What this club needs is financial stability and you gain it by winning the league. CL is too much about luck these days and Juve is not going to win it anytime soon. Money are too important these days and you can't win it without proper investments.

Yeah I agree we need to think about replacing Tevez in not too distant future but I can't see anyone in this team being ready to take the responsibilities he has. Especially with the thin budget it'll be very difficult. Don't get me wrong I'm myself a huge fan of 433 and wing play based formations overall. We've been calling for it with @Hustini and @Trequartista for a couple of years now but you don't fix something that's broken by replacing the parts that are ok. We switched from 352 to 4312 and that's a good transition because from there it'll be easier to move to a wing based formation for good. I'm not sure if it will happen anytime soon. It seems we're counting on our young players to fire up and it'll take time.
Indeed :tup:

beowulf

Dec 9, 2012
Bashing Tevez :lol:
This team is toothless without him.
Every time I think I've seen the most ridiculous thing written, this place ups the ante. Tevez is by a wide margin the best in form player on the squad. Without Tevez, the lethargic midfield play would see juventus in third

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
if its all about luck how do you know we arent winning it anytime soon? maybe we will be the lucky ones this or next year :D
much =/= all about. :)

Of course when you have a team like RM or Bayern you don't fear anyone but for this Juve it's important who we get. What I wanted to say we're not there yet to win it comfortably which Vialli_92 wants it seems. We'd need a lot of luck to win it with this squad that's why I think focusing only on CL would be bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)