Carlos Tevez (9 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
seriously blaming tevez? he was by far our best player today
For the whole campaign. Today it's hard to talk about best players and flops. We played in mud.
But we all know why he was brought here. To improve the attack and allow us to be contenders in the CL. His numbers in serie A are almost the same as Quag's numbers at this point last year, while in CL he has 0 goals and assists. One has to ask himself what was going to be different if we didn't buy him? My answer is nothing. Can't dare to take his hard work off of him, but that's not what I expected to get from Tevez. That was secondary to the goals, leadership and ability to take us to the next level. In that regard, he flopped.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I agree. He's supposed to be a supplement to the attack, not the focal point of it. Like at United. Rooney and Ronaldo were the ones scoring all the goals.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Putting this game aside, he's just proved to us all why he's definitely not World Class.

We should be aiming to compete in Europe, properly compete. Has he helped us do this? Not even close.

Sure, he's giving us good numbers in the league. But no better than what we've had before really. Short of producing our own, we're not going to find World Class strikers on the cheap, unless they're at the age where any season could be their last at such a level

Tevez, CL flop. Period.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
For the whole campaign. Today it's hard to talk about best players and flops. We played in mud.
But we all know why he was brought here. To improve the attack and allow us to be contenders in the CL. His numbers in serie A are almost the same as Quag's numbers at this point last year, while in CL he has 0 goals and assists. One has to ask himself what was going to be different if we didn't buy him? My answer is nothing. Can't dare to take his hard work off of him, but that's not what I expected to get from Tevez. That was secondary to the goals, leadership and ability to take us to the next level. In that regard, he flopped.
Nonsense. It's not only hard work, but he's actually our second most effective player in the squad at the moment. People seem to forget that it's also his first year in Italy. Not just that, but he's playing alongside Llorente who's also a new player here, far from settled.

As for Champions League we simply played like shit most of our games. We only played good against Real, all other games were a disaster. Blaming it on Tevez makes no sense.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

if we follow your logic then the difference cant be nothing because this juve should make it past group stages in CL, but the simple truth is what killed us in CL is not lack of goals but rather goals conceded. Moreover, Carlitos spoiled us by having an instant impact on the team in the league, which is uncommon for players who never played in serie A before. I think you are being harsh on him, individual defensive mistakes sank us and theres no way for us to know now how tevez would have helped had we made it to knockout stage

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Tevez should not be blamed at all. It's our whole team that failed in CL.

Some individuals more, but if there's ONE player to be blamed then it should be Chiellini and not Tevez.
We're talking about 6 games in a relatively easy group. Even if our team underperformed as a whole, we were a point short from qualifying. A goal short. A goal that our star player failed to provide, by scoring it or assisting it. Chiellini is easily the worst player of this CL campaign and the reason why we conceded so much, but when some dumbass in Madrid or Galata made a mistake, they could count on Ronaldo or Drogba to fix things. We couldn't count on our star player. We couldn't count at all.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Nonsense. It's not only hard work, but he's actually our second most effective player in the squad at the moment. People seem to forget that it's also his first year in Italy. Not just that, but he's playing alongside Llorente who's also a new player here, far from settled.

As for Champions League we simply played like shit most of our games. We only played good against Real, all other games were a disaster. Blaming it on Tevez makes no sense.

tevez is the reason we conceded stupid gols to FCK and gala

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Why can't we count on our star player?

That's a load of bull shit. He provided nothing for this team in CL. Look at the other top teams and what their top players contributed.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
He's won it, though.

So has Milan Baros and a whole host of other shit players.

Tevez is certainly better than him, but if we're going to use the 'They won the CL' argument to oppose the idea that they are CL flops, we must surely recognise the likes of Milan Baros to be better than the likes of Ibra in the CL.

Because being on the winning team despite barely scoring or even failing to score at all makes you a CL legend as opposed to banging in 10 goals per tournament for a lesser team.

Tevez, as an individual, has been nothing short of a flop in the CL.

Cover it up any way you want but our new number 10 couldn't get a single goal OR assist after 6 games against a team who were at the time nearly bottom of a terrible league, a Turkish team who played in our home stadium for the first time with Mancini, and a Spanish side who have vast attacking quality, but complete and utter donkeys in defence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)