Carlos Tevez (4 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Rus, you just need to look at how defenders performed in those vidoes... and ull see it was MUCH easier for "geniuses" to score in those times.

Now u get chopped after the first dribbles.
They are more athletic and physically more formidable now (train ALOT more), but I call BS on the easier part, atleast when it came to getting chopped, players are alot more protected now then they used to be in the past.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
How so? they used skinny shorts and shirts. they doesnt looked heavy
it's about the material

- - - Updated - - -

They are more athletic and physically more formidable now (train ALOT more), but I call BS on the easier part, atleast when it came to getting chopped, players are alot more protected now then they used to be in the past.
but tactical fouling plays a bigger part.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
if i'm not mistaken 50 years ago 2-3-5 was a popular formation. Compare that to today.
Exactly what I meant, even if by the 1950-60es 2-3-5 was largely abandoned (or so I think at least), the general tactical mindset was similar, adding to the general ability of defenders just being way lower.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
was a tough shift today, Udinese were defending with a 5 man backline lead by 2 DMs, not easy to break down.

still he had his moments.

dinojuve

Sultan of Swing
Jul 8, 2009
Nope, I've noticed that too. He looks a little bit tired. Not surprising though, as he played every single game this season. Could use some rest next round, it would help him definitely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)