Carlos Tevez (9 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I'd be surprised if you really knew what finishing means as I've seen people referring to penalties and free kicks in the past pages. But feel free to continue talking out of your ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Tevez a better finisher? :howler:

For all the things one could one could possibly try and argue Tevez is better at than Ale, finishing is the worst possible choice. Other than straight free kicks of course.

Ale has insane technique in his efforts. as much as i like him Tevez is not, has not, and never will produce anything comparable.
Yet another guy for whom I feel that doesn't have a slightest clue what finishing really means.

- - - Updated - - -

For all the talk of DP being a better finisher I don't see any numbers backing that claim. I presented mine and if we deduct pens and FKs, both completely irrelevant for this discussion, Tevez's numbers would be even better.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't believe I'm into discussion where I'm making a case vs ADP, the guy whom I'd watched in Juve for 17 years and celebrated his every goal like a lunatic. :lol: :sergio:

Just one stat i read about some time ago:

OptaPaolo
6 - Carlos Tevez has fired the joint-most shots on target (6) in this #UCL without having found the net. Waster.
I can tell you that ADP in 2000/01 played 6 games and scored 0 goals in CL, so how many missed shots did he have?

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
For all the talk of DP being a better finisher I don't see any numbers backing that claim. I presented mine and if we deduct pens and FKs, both completely irrelevant for this discussion, Tevez's numbers would be even better.
How can you compare their finishing skills not knowing how many chances they wasted in each game then?

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Tevez a better finisher than Ale :lol2:

Oh and

well, it's hardly a juventus forum when the main active mods are not even juve fans:

Burke - Bayern
Red - Aberdeeeen
Enron - Liverpool
Swag - Benfica
Juvejay - Yorkshire and northhampton
Azzuri - Del piero
Dule - Roma
Mark - Hockey. He doesn't even like Juve, just likes being a mercato "Guru"

This forum is practically corrupted.
:rofl:

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Finishing is not about how many you score, its about how many you put away compared to the chances they get.

for example is William has 17 shots and scored 15 goals thats good finishing

but if Bartholemew has 74 shots and scores 20 goals thats not as good

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Tevez isn't a better finisher than Del Piero. But Zlatan is.

- - - Updated - - -

Finishing is not about how many you score, its about how many you put away compared to the chances they get.

What if all William shots were penalties and all Bartholemew shots were from 40 meter distance? :D

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

Yes, of course. But as this data is very hard to find, you can't make valid comparison of that kind. So claiming that Tevez is better finisher is as laughable as claiming otherwise.

Or if you've seen enough games of both you can base it on you hunch, some experience gained over the years of watching these two. Futile discussion over the last 3 pages imho.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
If you have time to find that data, by all means go ahead. Practically impossible. Goals/games ratio is probably the best measurement.
If they would play in the same league, maybe. Tevez spent his time in England playing alongside Ronaldo, Rooney, Nani, Aguero, Silva etc. Del Piero wasted some seasons on Iaquinta, Amauri, Palladino etc. Also there are a lot more scoring opportunities in England due to the attacking style, just look at league goals f.ex. 07/08-11/12 Juve scored 321 league goals and 07/08-08/09 United + 09/10-11/12 City 374.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
well, it's hardly a juventus forum when the main active mods are not even juve fans:

Burke - Bayern
Red - Aberdeeeen
Enron - Liverpool
Swag - Benfica
Azzuri - Del piero
Dule - Roma

True that.
But how can we topple this hierarchy of evil?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Del Piero played most of his career in a league that in terms of defence was 7 lightyears ahead of england.

He's one of the best 5 support strikers in history since football actually became serious in the late 70ties

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
If they would play in the same league, maybe. Tevez spend his time in England playing alongside Ronaldo, Rooney, Nani, Aguero, Silva etc. Del Piero wasted some seasons on Iaquinta, Amauri, Palladino etc. Also there are a lot more scoring opportunities in England due to the attacking style, just look at league goals f.ex. 07/08-11/12 Juve scored 321 league goals and 07/08-08/09 United + 09/10-11/12 City 374.
And before that he of course played with the best players in the world on their respective positions like Zidane, Nedved, Camoranesi, Zambrotta and many other WC footballers with whom ADP shared the dressing room over the 19 years spent here.

What about Tevez's time in West Ham and quality of that team?

Let's just say that Trezeguet is better finisher than both combined and archive this futile debate. :D

OP
ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #3,855

Burke - Bayern
    Red - Aberdeeeen
    Enron - Liverpool
    Swag - Benfica
    Azzuri - Del piero
    Dule - Roma

that ain't no coincidence

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009

Burke - Bayern
    Red - Aberdeeeen
    Enron - Liverpool
    Swag - Benfica
    Azzuri - Del piero
    Dule - Roma

Oh lawd :lol:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
    Until you or someone else comes up with the numbers that prove otherwise I have every right to make my claims. The only one failing here are you in understanding the simplest of things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)