Carlos Tevez (10 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
He will never do that because Conte has a man crush on Vucinic. For now it is justifiable. But If Llorente does regain his form he needs to play
Nah. It's not that Llorente is overall an inferior striker to Vucinic. It's just that Tevez and Mirko are technically gifted and intelligent enough to form a very good partnership, that will work better than any other partnership we can have in attack. That's the reason why Mirko will keep his spot in the starting XI.
Tevez is the clear star of our attack, so Conte will pick Tevez's partner depending on Tevez's needs and characteristics. That will grant Mirko the starting spot, even if Mirko isn't vastly superior to the other attackers. It has nothing to do with Conte having a soft spot for Vucinic. Mirko will be out the moment someone else contributes even 1% more to our overall play and attack. Just that I don't see such a striker in Juve atm.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
they are technically and mentally able but they need to score 15+ goals. i think tevez will but, like last year, our midfiled will score more goals. especially pogba now that marchisio is injured for one month.

OP
ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #2,293
    Nah. It's not that Llorente is overall an inferior striker to Vucinic. It's just that Tevez and Mirko are technically gifted and intelligent enough to form a very good partnership, that will work better than any other partnership we can have in attack. That's the reason why Mirko will keep his spot in the starting XI.
    Tevez is the clear star of our attack, so Conte will pick Tevez's partner depending on Tevez's needs and characteristics. That will grant Mirko the starting spot, even if Mirko isn't vastly superior to the other attackers. It has nothing to do with Conte having a soft spot for Vucinic. Mirko will be out the moment someone else contributes even 1% more to our overall play and attack. Just that I don't see such a striker in Juve atm.
    Nando could possibly change our style upfront for the better

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Nando could possibly change our style upfront for the better
    how so? He lacks the movement, technique and quickness of Vucinic.

Not saying that Lllorente is a bad player at all but even when fully fit he will never be able to replicate that same smart partnership we saw against Lazio. He's just not that type of player and I feel like accommodating him now would slow down the quick pace of our attacks.

Conte isn't going to change what works just to fit him in.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    he will change it once vucinic does his typical stand over the ball with 3 players surround him yet refuse to pass it to the 2 players next to him and lose the ball instead.

vucinic has doe this alll his life. he's not going to change that nasty habit of his

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
    he will change it once vucinic does his typical stand over the ball with 3 players surround him yet refuse to pass it to the 2 players next to him and lose the ball instead.

vucinic has doe this alll his life. he's not going to change that nasty habit of his
    Vucinic's nasty habit is refusal to pass to players he thinks aren't good. I remember him refusing to pass to Giaccherini in 11/12 season, given how Quagliarella shots from 30-40 yards Vuci might as well have that bias against passing to Quagliarella. That should change with Tevez and Pogba in the team.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Vucinic's nasty habit is refusal to pass to players he thinks aren't good. I remember him refusing to pass to Giaccherini in 11/12 season, given how Quagliarella shots from 30-40 yards Vuci might as well have that bias against passing to Quagliarella. That should change with Tevez and Pogba in the team.
    That's just stupid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)