Carlos Tevez (123 Viewers)

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Not alot. Saw highlights from his serie b games, and some of the serie a games, but just highlights offcourse.

I think he's the most promising one we have after Pogba, dont get me wrong.

But Reus, Gotze, Gundogan.... he's not that good. You can see big potential in offensive players early on.

- - - Updated - - -

he can become good, dont get me wrong.

But as good as Reus ? doubt it.
better. Reus at 19 fucking years old did not score 7 goals midseason. in fact reus has scored 7 goals this season in the bundesliga in a superb team with world class players providing with the goals and berardi has done the same in a promoted side.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You say this because zaza gabbiadini berardi etc... are not proven yet but for example lewdolski looked quite average in the 2010/2011 season only scoring 8 goals and he was 22. now zaza gabbiadini already scored like 4-5 goals and it's not evem the full season. but when dortmund game lewadolski the 1st choice CF he started scoring lots of goals. Why? because the midfield supplied him with chances. so if our midfield (one of the best midfields in the world) supply with good chances gabbiadini or zaza WILL finish them and they will score lots of goals and then they will be recognised as "world class potential".

If we want to really progress we either spend 30m+ on a "world class" winger or develop berardi (which is showing world class potential already) into a starter at juve. i mean when we first got pogba we did not know that he was sooo good until we tested him out and then we found out that he suits juve so well. let's do the same with berardi, gabbiadini zaza etc...
Players dont just get world class because of training. They are born with talent, and their life will determine what they make of it.
Lewa stayed with dortmund cause he had potential. He was given chances because of it.

Berardi and Zaza are fine qualities. But you cant expect them to turn into Reus and lewandowski.

I did make my post sound to critical.

Both are definatly players juventus should look at, and co-own. What they are doing now, is exactly what i want to see from promising youngsters. Its the way forward.

Just.. dont compare to Reus and Lewandowski yet ;)

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
If he had that potential, italian press would be all over it.

Italy severely needs an offensive talent, look at how they showered verratti with praise
i would say that it depends all in this season. for me if they score around 14-15+ goals they are coming to juve. you never know what they might do in the champions league. look at insigne, he was the magic behind napoli's win against arsenal. i think we could face problems with berardi because he is not as physically built but zaza and gabbiadini have great strenght so they should cope.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
How often have you seen him play?
i'll revert my opinion on this one.

- - - Updated - - -

i would say that it depends all in this season. for me if they score around 14-15+ goals they are coming to juve. you never know what they might do in the champions league. look at insigne, he was the magic behind napoli's win against arsenal. i think we could face problems with berardi because he is not as physically built but zaza and gabbiadini have great strenght so they should cope.
For offensive players, time is ticking for Zaza and especially gabbiadini.

berardi, with his 19 years old however, juve have to make room for him. I cant see what giovinco has over him tbh.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
offensive players usually develop faster than both midfielders and defenders because they are less risky to have in a team defensively and therefore giving them a chance won't be too risky especially in serie A. I would really really give them a go as number 1 starters and see how they adjust to our truly world class midifield and defence.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
We have 1 world class defender. Bonucci is close to it when he is at the top, but Chiellini is far from it and has been for a while now.
i'm sure you have been watching him in a 4 man defence with italy?. he makes opposition's attack look non existant.

- - - Updated - - -

his finishing is world class better than tevez and llorente combined. i believe in this guy. :ultra:

Yuckerini

Sep 25, 2013
i would say that it depends all in this season. for me if they score around 14-15+ goals they are coming to juve. you never know what they might do in the champions league. look at insigne, he was the magic behind napoli's win against arsenal. i think we could face problems with berardi because he is not as physically builtbut zaza and gabbiadini have great strenght so they should cope.
Actually berardi is 6'0 while Insigne is like 5'4 or 5'5

I believe in Berardi and Insigne to become great players

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Workrate has got to be the most overrated term on this forum.
You'd have to think other top teams play with lazy loafs or something the way its being described here.

- - - Updated - - -

Stupid phone :D
while I agree, workrate and pressing are very important aspects in sides that want to dominate posession (like juve) to protect their chit defesne (like Juve)

a foward line like Madzukic/cavani-Tevez with pogba, vida, litchl and a fit pepe is unplayable

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
offensive players usually develop faster than both midfielders and defenders because they are less risky to have in a team defensively and therefore giving them a chance won't be too risky especially in serie A. I would really really give them a go as number 1 starters and see how they adjust to our truly world class midifield and defence.
No mate, thats a bit easy.

The reason forwards peak earlyer, has to do with the mental part.

Midfielders and defenders get better when they age, because their positionning, timing, interceptioning, tactical vision and anticipation becomes much much better.

more creative players, especially skill based, peak earlyer, because they are all about acceleration, agility, creative trickery, doing the unexpected... all stuff you learn at younger age. You will offc refine it, but not as much.

However, it is true that they get used earlyer cause doesnt pose as much risk to field as defenders/ midfielders

We have 1 world class defender. Bonucci is close to it when he is at the top, but Chiellini is far from it and has been for a while now.
I agree, alth you are hard on chiellini

His anticipation and tackeling is world class. His decisionmaking is horrible

Actually berardi is 6'0 while Insigne is like 5'4 or 5'5

I believe in Berardi and Insigne to become great players
Not sure Insigne will overcome his small size. But Berardi certainly has potential

I don't know.

but balance is key. you get your hard workers and combine with geniues like pirlo and a mata to get a balanced side
:tup:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think Tevez is a good player. But he's just past his prime. I would certainly keep him, but he was never a world class signing by any means. Perhaps it is for a low level team like Juventus, but not the rest of the good sides in Europe as obviously they were not interested in the lad.

Back to your drawing boards with that clown Marotta.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
we knew what we were getting with tevez. even in his prime, he wasn't that kind of player. never was capable of bettering a side on his own, worked better as a supplement.

but it is kind of annoying how people say he had an ok game even if he does nothing just because he runs a lot.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
I say we develop Berardi to become our Lamela and we get Menez on a free plus one very good inform winger like griezmann to complement the other wingers and we done.

oldlady87

May 13, 2012
Conte was reminded that Carlos Tevez failed to score a single Champions League goal.
“I was very happy with his performances and in Turkey he behaved like a real leader. He’s a great buy as a player and in terms of charisma. You can score goals, but if you don’t work well for the team then I’m not happy.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 122)