Carlos Tevez (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
Tevez isn't a good goalscorer. His first touch is poor and seldom dribbles past opponents nowadays. Cassano is more creative and fits us more. Amauri can be the aerial power and Cassano can put the through balls that is provided by Del Piero now. Tevez can run at defenders but the bulk of the services comes from Carrick, Ronaldo and Rooney.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 10, 2009
Tevez isn't a good goalscorer. His first touch is poor and seldom dribbles past opponents nowadays. Cassano is more creative and fits us more. Amauri can be the aerial power and Cassano can put the through balls that is provided by Del Piero now. Tevez can run at defenders but the bulk of the services comes from Carrick, Ronaldo and Rooney.

Agreed, in fact only Ronaldo is a consistent in goal scoring at MU. Rooney is over rated, and is praised by the media because he's english.

Juventus already has a natural goal scorer (tezeguet) who can play along amauri , delipiero, iaquinta with diego and givoinco providing creativity in midfield

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I really cant believe anyone can call Tevez prolific, ridicolous. The dude has 5 league goals this season (Vidic scored more), and he has started around 17 games, no excuses.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Comparing Cassano to Tevez is like comparing an Alfa Romeo to Ferrari.
Tevez is; faster, stronger, much more prolific, with a better control, dribble, shooting, stamina concentration, form, experience etc etc
There is absolutely no contest between them.
Only the bolded is where Tevez is better.
I don't know what do you mean by form and i don't get what do you mean by experience.
Concentration- i guess you mean Cassano's outbursts from the past, so ok, i'll give you that too.

But Tevez certainly isn't a better goalscorer (they both aren't Trez like forwards) and definitely isn't a better dribbler or has better ball control.

Tevez is much more of a hard worker (we have Amauri and Iaquinta to do that job), but Cassano is more creative and bigger talent than Tevez (we have Del Piero).

Tevez isn't good enough to replace a goalscorer like Trez and isn't technically as great as a player like Del Piero. Tevez is very useful but in our team he can replace Amauri or Iaquinta.
Cassano on the other hand would be a replacement for Del Piero.

Atm we don't really need them (although they are both players that no team would say NO to) but in the near future a player like Cassano will be much more needed in Juve than a player like Tevez.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I really cant believe anyone can call Tevez prolific, ridicolous. The dude has 5 league goals this season (Vidic scored more), and he has started around 17 games, no excuses.
I think that you have missed the point, we only mean a better goal scorer than Cassano, no one claimed that Tevez is a finisher...
Only the bolded is where Tevez is better.
I don't know what do you mean by form and i don't get what do you mean by experience.
Concentration- i guess you mean Cassano's outbursts from the past, so ok, i'll give you that too.

But Tevez certainly isn't a better goalscorer (they both aren't Trez like forwards) and definitely isn't a better dribbler or has better ball control.

Tevez is much more of a hard worker (we have Amauri and Iaquinta to do that job), but Cassano is more creative and bigger talent than Tevez (we have Del Piero).

Tevez isn't good enough to replace a goalscorer like Trez and isn't technically as great as a player like Del Piero. Tevez is very useful but in our team he can replace Amauri or Iaquinta.
Cassano on the other hand would be a replacement for Del Piero.

Atm we don't really need them (although they are both players that no team would say NO to) but in the near future a player like Cassano will be much more needed in Juve than a player like Tevez.
I have reasons to believe that Tevez is in a better physical form, mostly because Cassano has skipped for too many training sessions.
Yes Cassano is very unstable as a character and thats the first year he has been proved somewhat consistent as a player...
I think that Cassano's dribbling skills has been overrated, even by the time he has been playing in Rome. I just dont like his Totti whining style and i dont rate it either.
I dont believe that he has what it takes to be as efficient as Tevez has been proved to be in EPL, against the highest competition. I think that Tevez has more speed, power and determination and he can provide with better penetrations because of that. Impressive flicks in slow mo are not as effective IMHO.
And again i dont mean this season, i hate one season revelations, because they have tendency to disappear soon after that.
A valuable player like Tevez has great potential and a bad season or two cannot erase that... Cassano is also talented but i was impressed by Tevez performance in Manure at the 1st season, more than Cassano's in Real.
And i also rate hit NT team performances even higher.
I havent seen his work in the Argentine championship, but i have seen Cassano's in Italy and as far as i remember, Cassano never scored like 30/season, unlike Tevez...

Tevez is not a goalscorer and cant be used as a targetman, he is a SS, just like Cassano.
But he is far more useful as goalscorer and targetman than Cassano, if the tactical need asks him to be and IMO, at least as efficient, if not better, as Cassano is at his SS duties. Thats why i believe that he is overall a better forward.
And considering that Amauri, Diego, Camo, Giovinco and Camo can create,
i think that the most important factor is goalscoring.
This superiority of Tevez, comparing to Cassano, is decisive for me atm, considering our current needs.

PErsonally, i repeat i wouldnt sign any of them right now...

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Tevez is way more talented than Cassano. Fergie did him a bad one this season by not playing him instead of Rooney or Berbatov (who was far less effective).

PS. The whole Italian v. non-Italian argument is out in this case. Argies play just fine in Italy.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
He'd be a solid compliment to Amauri, that's for sure.

Of course I'd rather match him up with Torres, but that's pretty unlikely.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
imho Tevez is qulity and would cause opposition defenses nightmares wherever he plays. his strike rate sure does not looka s impressive this season but tbh,he was frozen out of first team action for long spells this season, he is now getting a more regular game and has found his scoring touch again.

it is so much harder to be an impact player when you are always on teh bench

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Rooney is over rated, and is praised by the media because he's english.
Alex Ferguson clearly rates Rooney over Tevez, and Berbatov. Successive English managers have rated him ahead of every other british striker. I have watched a lot of english, italian, and international football over the last 15 years...and its not because I am English that I say that rooney is one of the finest players in the world game, and now that he is finding some much needed consistency, he will continue to improve. His passing array, and guile, is as good as any other forward in the game, and his finishing is explosive...Add to that his incredibly vibrant love of playing football, and his gypsy ruggedness, and you have something approaching a nasty looking, mean spirited, white pele.

What reason could there be for the media to over rate him... because he is english??? that doesn't make any sense.

Are british players always over rated???? The most famous ones I know, of, of world renown, are Terry, Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard...and yes, rooney...and every one of those players is world class. Not over rated...

If I was in charge of Juve.,. now that we have Diego, if there was one player in the world i would bring to the club, it would be Rooney...Giovinco, Diego, Rooney, Trez...backed up by Momo, Marchisio and Camo...that would be one of the best attacking units of any continent, of any era.

He is the British Cantona. His poetry is different, but he remains, like his gallic predeccessor, an artist of sorts.

http://www.gvsmedia.com/vidfeeder_view.php?id=yN75zKV7K1E&keyword=Wayne-Rooney-Top-10-Goals

An extremely gifted footballer with the commitment to the cause of a Spartan. What more can you want???? He is both Beauty and The Beast...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)