Carlos Alcaraz (4 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Pretty massive gamble by Giuntoli. Totally understand the desire to improve our midfield, and you could tell Giuntoli was shopping around with the reported interest in Henderson. But was this kid really the best available option? And for that price?

At the very least, we are on the hook to pay between 4-6m euros for a 5-month rental. That is a LOT of money for an unproven player who isn't getting regular playing time in a second division club (even if they are about to be promoted). Gio Reyna just moved to Forest for a 1m loan fee.

The 50m future option seems absurdly high, even if he plays in a premium position. What has he done to warrant that number? Played a few times for Argentina U23? There doesn't appear to have even been any other clubs interested in him. IMO the fee is around double what it should have been.

Wish him the best of luck and hope he hits the ground running and integrates well with the squad and Allegri's tactics, but I'm having a hard time seeing the long-term benefits of this transfer.
What? Appearing in 26 of 31 matches, starting 16 of them isn’t regular playing time? You guys are taking the piss now.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
i don't know what to say. you are comparing apples to oranges. it is not same comparison at all

if he was good you wouldn't be hearing about signing him at last day of market closing.

notice how in the transfer thread not once has this player been mentioned as a player to get? now suddenly you guys are all experts comparing him to next best thing.

i'm really disappointed how dumb this forum has become... but will absolutely be reminding everyone how shit he is when he fails. i am done being nice to you throaters. and will gloat in all your faces when he like chiesa fails.

Lets assume you are being serious for a rare second, and not trolling like a child as usual.

I dont know this player, I dont pretend to know, I'm looking forward to seeing him, what this new GM sees in him and what his scouting is like for talents (it was impressive in Napoli). And I'm not worried about price yet because its a loan.

All been saying in this thread is lets wait to see him play before we speculate on his future, wether its the buy option or what kind of player he is or will be.

I disagree completely with PI about the Barella comparisons because it's getting ahead a bit, since barella was a young star in Cagliari.

Other then that, I havent seen anyone being overzealously positive. Most are just excited or interested to find out more because he is a blank slate, we don't know what to expect. It's the reason this thread is so active.

And in your case, what reason do you have to be decidedly negative about the player and the spam itself, without seeing him play a single second?

I am giving you the benefits of doubt that you aren't lazily trolling for a second and asking you seriously.

Because surely you not as halfwitted as Turk in just being contrarian negative for the sake of it?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Pretty massive gamble by Giuntoli. Totally understand the desire to improve our midfield, and you could tell Giuntoli was shopping around with the reported interest in Henderson. But was this kid really the best available option? And for that price?

At the very least, we are on the hook to pay between 4-6m euros for a 5-month rental. That is a LOT of money for an unproven player who isn't getting regular playing time in a second division club (even if they are about to be promoted). Gio Reyna just moved to Forest for a 1m loan fee.

The 50m future option seems absurdly high, even if he plays in a premium position. What has he done to warrant that number? Played a few times for Argentina U23? There doesn't appear to have even been any other clubs interested in him. IMO the fee is around double what it should have been.

Wish him the best of luck and hope he hits the ground running and integrates well with the squad and Allegri's tactics, but I'm having a hard time seeing the long-term benefits of this transfer.
I wouldn't read too much into "no one else wanted to sign him". Until we were signing him we weren't interested either, this is a low exposure move. Besides, I read earlier that Forest were close to signing him but we came in later. Again, no idea how true it is. We have virtually no way of knowing who is interested in who behind the scenes.

So quite Ironic that you should mention Reyna who ended up at Forest instead. Reyna also plays in different positions, and has a poor fitness record, so I wouldn't have been particularly enthusiastic about that one either.

All said and done it's very hard to justify the fee, even if he turns out special you'd like to think it could be negotiated down. But like I said earlier, fees are dictated by the selling club and Southampton are certainly not a club you go to looking for bargains.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Lets assume you are being serious for a rare second, and not trolling like a child as usual.

And in your case, what reason do you have to be decidedly negative about the player and the spam itself, without seeing him play a single second?
let me tell you why. he's a bench player unwanted at a 3rd in table championship level club that might not even make it to epl. he's not even good enough for his current club to keep that they willing to give him away on a no obligation loan.

it's one thing if he was a starter or one of their key players. he is not. even daniel didn't know anything about him and you know he has a a boner for any player under 22.

this is a signing i expect a club like fiorentina or atalanta to make. not juve. so with that in mind to me he is already like weah. a player not needed

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

I dont know this player, I dont pretend to know, I'm looking forward to seeing him, what this new GM sees in him and what his scouting is like for talents (it was impressive in Napoli). And I'm not worried about price yet because its a loan.

All been saying in this thread is lets wait to see him play before we speculate on his future, wether its the buy option or what kind of player he is or will be.

I disagree completely with PI about the Barella comparisons because it's getting ahead a bit, since barella was a young star in Cagliari.

Other then that, I havent seen anyone being overzealously positive. Most are just excited or interested to find out more because he is a blank slate, we don't know what to expect. It's the reason this thread is so active.

I am giving you the benefits of doubt that you aren't lazily trolling for a second and asking you seriously.

Because surely you not as halfwitted as Turk in just being contrarian negative for the sake of it?
To be clear, I wasn’t saying he is Barella-level, just that promising young players don’t go for cheap. He’s just 8 months removed from scoring 4 goals-2 assists in his first half season in PL as a 20 year old midfielder. It’s not outlandish that Southampton would place a high value on him for anyone interested. We shall find out if he’s worth that. Hopefully.

Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
If we had signed Kvarta two years ago when he was an unknown, Loin would have been trolling and calling him an unwanted, mediocre trash player too lol
except i said i wanted kvara. thanks for proving you don't actually read posts and just looking for arguments.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
except i said i wanted kvara. thanks for proving you don't actually read posts and just looking for arguments.
:lol2:

- - - Updated - - -

@Lion

This season:

Chiesa: 6 goals - 2 assists - 1227 minutes

goal or assist every 153 minutes

Kvara: 5 goals - 5 assists - 2160 minutes

Goal or assist every 216 minutes

:seven:

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
let me tell you why. he's a bench player unwanted at a 3rd in table championship level club that might not even make it to epl. he's not even good enough for his current club to keep that they willing to give him away on a no obligation loan.

it's one thing if he was a starter or one of their key players. he is not. even daniel didn't know anything about him and you know he has a a boner for any player under 22.

this is a signing i expect a club like fiorentina or atalanta to make. not juve. so with that in mind to me he is already like weah. a player not needed

Ok, thanks for replying. So a 20 year old South American talent being used as rotational player in his current English club can't be scouted and seen as a talent worth trying out, ever?

I was expecting more reasonable take from you. I dont know why, but I was.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
:lol2:

- - - Updated - - -

@Lion

This season:

Chiesa: 6 goals - 2 assists - 1227 minutes

goal or assist every 153 minutes

Kvara: 5 goals - 5 assists - 2160 minutes

Goal or assist every 216 minutes

:seven:
can you explain what that has to do with wanting him two years ago? again you looking to create arguments when there are none.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, thanks for replying. So a 20 year old South American talent being used as rotational player in his current English club can't be scouted and seen as a talent worth trying out, ever?

I was expecting more reasonable take from you. I dont know why, but I was.
it's not your fault. you are too innocent and trusting. when he fails i will not gloat at you because you my friend. others will not be spared.

CarloP

Jan 24, 2010
I wouldn't read too much into "no one else wanted to sign him". Until we were signing him we weren't interested either, this is a low exposure move. Besides, I read earlier that Forest were close to signing him but we came in later. Again, no idea how true it is. We have virtually no way of knowing who is interested in who behind the scenes.

So quite Ironic that you should mention Reyna who ended up at Forest instead. Reyna also plays in different positions, and has a poor fitness record, so I wouldn't have been particularly enthusiastic about that one either.

All said and done it's very hard to justify the fee, even if he turns out special you'd like to think it could be negotiated down. But like I said earlier, fees are dictated by the selling club and Southampton are certainly not a club you go to looking for bargains.
I guess what I don't understand is: why would we decide to break the bank for this kid? As you say, Southampton is not a club you go to looking for bargains. I would not expect them to negotiate the future fee.

So we are cool with paying Southampton for the privilege of developing their talent at a higher level than his parent club is playing at? Because we want to chase the Scudetto this year? Will this kid be the game-changer that can make the difference? I sure hope so...

Regarding Reyna: I never suggested we go for Reyna instead of Alcaraz. I mentioned Reyna as a market barometer of a recent January loan transfer of a player with similar age, position (both have historically played AMC even if it's not their best position), perceived potential talent, and peripheral speculated future role at their clubs. Obviously Reyna has the injury concerns. But he is also more proven than Alcaraz at higher levels, too. In that regard, I think we overpaid.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
can you explain what that has to do with wanting him two years ago? again you looking to create arguments when there are none.

- - - Updated - - -

it's not your fault. you are too innocent and trusting. when he fails i will not gloat at you because you my friend. others will not be spared.
You say Chiesa is trash. Well, he’s been better than Kvara this year. I guess you aren’t very good at evaluating talents. :rab:

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Let's take it easy. The price of the option is far from what it should be, but let's see him play first.

I would not care to much about him coming from the championship. Inter scouted him in Argentina, Napoli wanted him, Tottenham, Atletico Madrid was rumours to. He was a great talent in Argentina.

But Southampton made the deal in january and probably were faster then some other teams that maby waited until the summer.

As I understand he was their best player in the second part of the season in PL, then they got relegated. This season I heard the new coach had problems fitting him in, in his type of style. He still got some goals. He is young talent, I guess we can only trust Giuntolis judgement.

For me personally, if he fails we send him back with some millions lost (we don't pay any salary I read). If he becomes great for us, im sure Giuntoli will get him for a cheaper price then the option we have, same happened with Kulusevski when we sold him to spurs, they got him cheaper then the option they had.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)