Carlos Alcaraz (10 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Why? Barella was €50 mil 5 years ago in January. Seems a similar transfer. Paying a premium for winter mercato.
Barella was a key player for Cagliari and had been established in Serie A for a few seasons.

Alcaraz was bought one year ago for around 15m. He's not been able to make a significant impression or become a key player since. For a 35m increase in price in a year, I'd expect him to have contributed more.

I'm not against signing him and think he has a lot of things we lack. But I can't see what justifies the jump in price in 12 months.

He could easily be one of a long list of players who does well domestically but fails to make it in Europe. I'm not saying he is but he hasn't really disproved that yet, so wouldn't expect such a jump in price.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Absolutely crazy figures for this deal, like something from Tici's notepad.

Can't get my head round it at all. Even if he is a success it seems way above what his value should be.
what can't you understand about a player that their club was willing to let go on a option and not obligation? a player most here never heard of and anyone saying otherwise is lying.

same deal with weah. these are deals where the GMs get kickbacks from the agents for allowing transfer to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Little Boy would be a suitable name. Effects will be similiar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Boy
linked to playyer 99% of forum never heard of before on last day of mercato

guintoli throaters: everything is fine this is new vidal

the delusion on this fourm is real. these don't understand just like the shady weah deal, this is about under table commission and kickbacks from bonus signings

Jul 2, 2006
what can't you understand about a player that their club was willing to let go on a option and not obligation? a player most here never heard of and anyone saying otherwise is lying.

same deal with weah. these are deals where the GMs get kickbacks from the agents for allowing transfer to happen.
Finally someone with plain, straightforward, bitter explanation of this farce.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Barella was a key player for Cagliari and had been established in Serie A for a few seasons.

Alcaraz was bought one year ago for around 15m. He's not been able to make a significant impression or become a key player since. For a 35m increase in price in a year, I'd expect him to have contributed more.

I'm not against signing him and think he has a lot of things we lack. But I can't see what justifies the jump in price in 12 months.

He could easily be one of a long list of players who does well domestically but fails to make it in Europe. I'm not saying he is but he hasn't really disproved that yet, so wouldn't expect such a jump in price.
What? He was absolutely a key player for them down the stretch last season. One of the only bright spots in a dire campaign for them. He played in 18 of 20 Premier League Matches for them after his transfer last January and started most of them. Had 4 goals - 2 assists in those 1035 minutes. And from articles written in summer, both Milans, Benfica, RB Leipzig, amongst others were interested in him…

Not saying this means he’s worth €50mil… but a selling club can set whatever valuation they want… and we have a loan with option. Good deal in my eyes, even if I wish the option was down at ~40

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
What? He was absolutely a key player for them down the stretch last season. One of the only bright spots in a dire campaign for them. He played in 18 of 20 Premier League Matches for them after his transfer last January and started most of them. Had 4 goals - 2 assists in those 1035 minutes. And from articles written in summer, both Milans, Benfica, RB Leipzig, amongst others were interested in him…

Not saying this means he’s worth €50mil… but a selling club can set whatever valuation they want… and we have a loan with option. Good deal in my eyes, even if I wish the option was down at ~40
100 percent written by someone who went on transfermarket web to look at stats and never watched the player play

- - - Updated - - -

We got our Bonaventura / Nainggolan / Frattesi in the end.
you mean we got ourselves rincon.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
100 percent written by someone who went on transfermarket web to look at stats and never watched the player play

- - - Updated - - -

you mean we got ourselves rincon.
No shit. Why would I have ever watched Southampton play? I’ve looked him up on FBref and Whoscored and looked at a couple articles from now and from summer. Sounds like a young player with good potential.

Conversely, none of you clowns crying and bitching about this transfer have ever watched him play either, but somehow you know that he is mediocre rubbish and won’t amount to anything lol

I think I’ll trust Guintoli and the scouts here… given how good Guintoli was at identifying and getting young talented players on the cusp of stardom while a Napoli.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
No shit. Why would I have ever watched Southampton play? I’ve looked him up on FBref and Whoscored and looked at a couple articles from now and from summer. Sounds like a young player with good potential.

Conversely, none of you clowns crying and bitching about this transfer have ever watched him play either, but somehow you know that he is mediocre rubbish and won’t amount to anything lol

I think I’ll trust Guintoli and the scouts here… given how good Guintoli was at identifying and getting young talented players on the cusp of stardom while a Napoli.
please let's skip the BS. he signed a UNWANTED player. this is no different than weah or milik. if they were good, their clubs wouldn't be letting them go to Juve.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Seeing how much Turk and Lion dislike this transfer makes me optimistic we're signing a quality player
Turk will obsessively dislike anything with this coach, management and whole club (he never says anything positive of anyone currently in charge of Juve).

Lion is 1000% trolling and lying. He doesn't believe a single word he writes.

Bur fret not, the best omen of all is this, Badass is legit against this signing and is against the player already. That's basically the indirect midas touch blessing this kid needed.

He will make it for sure now.

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing Loin transform for an amusing troll to a simp for Turk and his delusional fantasies has to be a Tuz 2024 highlight. :lol2:

He is trolling Turk by parroting him. And he is trolling you too because you engaging him in discussion like you don't see the obvious shit he is doing.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Seeing Loin transform for an amusing troll to a simp for Turk and his delusional fantasies has to be a Tuz 2024 highlight. :lol2:
dude he is a player none of us heard of that his club signed for 15m last season and now his club is letting him go on a LOAN. that's how mediocre he is.

but some of you comparing this to vidal is absolute peak throating behaviour.

this forum has used to be about sensible logical approcah to signings. now no name players being compared to the best cm in history of juve.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
dude he is a player none of us heard of that his club signed for 15m last season and now his club is letting him go on a LOAN. that's how mediocre he is.

but some of you comparing this to vidal is absolute peak throating behaviour.

this forum has used to be about sensible logical approcah to signings. now no name players being compared to the best cm in history of juve.
do you include yourself in that none of us group? If so, how do you know how good or bad he is?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Looks like Guintoli already tried to sign him last January while at Napoli. Makes sense that he has now gone after him here. Makes me think we’re more likely to take up the option if he looks decent over the next 4 months.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
do you include yourself in that none of us group? If so, how do you know how good or bad he is?
daniel my friend. his club is letting him go in january in a loan with no obligation contract for an absurd sum of money for a bench player.

please use your head man you are a sensible guy. do you think he is good?

if the club turned around and loaned weah to another club for loan with option for 22m we would all be laughing to the bank and laughing at their fans if they compared him to dani alves.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Hopefully he knows where the net is or can serve us up a lot of assists, midfielders who can provide either of those always give teams an advantage and points on the board. If he hits the ground running he might be the ace up Allegri's sleeve, the fans will love him and it could let Yildiz find more space between the lines. If not then it looks like Giuntoli's fault and Turk could be right, this could be a racket to syphon money from the club. I'm hoping for the former and we get a decent return from this investment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)