Carlos Alcaraz (7 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Don't do that to yourself
What do you think of him? You ever watch him for Racing?

- - - Updated - - -

Had a quick glance at a Southampton forum and they seem pretty confident he will return to them in the summer.
They all seem to want him back. Mostly seem to think Juve is too broke to exercise that option regardless of how he performs :lol2:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Southampton director of football Jason Wilcox told the club website:

"Considering the midfield options we have available to us right now, and Charly’s lack of game time, we wanted to allow him this chance to gain some valuable experience in one of the top leagues in Europe.

Juventus are a huge club and we are convinced that this move will allow Charly the opportunity to flourish and then come back and be a success at Southampton.”

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

"Considering the midfield options we have available to us right now, and Charly’s lack of game time, we wanted to allow him this chance to gain some valuable experience in one of the top leagues in Europe.

Juventus are a huge club and we are convinced that this move will allow Charly the opportunity to flourish and then come back and be a success at Southampton.”
We’re literally the Frosinone in this scenario :rofl:

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018

Southampton called us a huge club. I’m so happy. This alone makes the deal worthwhile!!!

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
It sounds like this is a player Giuntoli wanted to sign at Napoli and we need a midfielder so we took him on loan. I don’t think we will pay 50m and we will probably just send him back in the summer. We can’t afford that fee. We don’t have any money for January so a loan was the only way to go.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Had a quick glance at a Southampton forum and they seem pretty confident he will return to them in the summer.
Because they don't believe any Italian club these days can afford paying 50 million for one player.

Anyways, if he does well at Juve and Southampton doesn't get promoted, I can see the player pushing to be sold, so they might have to renegotiate the price.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
In the hypothetical scenario that he does well here and is a Juve level player… being too poor to sign him and having him go back to Southampton would be the most embarrassing move ever. Would have us looking like a Frosinone/Monza type club :lol2:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
What do you think of him? You ever watch him for Racing?

- - - Updated - - -

They all seem to want him back. Mostly seem to think Juve is too broke to exercise that option regardless of how he performs :lol2:
I never noticed him tbh but we constantly make fun of epl teams spending stupid money on nobodies. When it's us the coping mechs get a rolling.

I know it's just a loan, but this deal makes no sense to me.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Yes, we could not buy him in the summer, but it seems he could be the one Guintoli and the team thinks a player we need in midfield now. Versatile for several position, added goal scoring and dribbling from midfield, and from other post before i saw he occupy a lot a left sided and a bit like Rabiot in terms of characteristic. They probably think we need cover for Rabiot and other area after we miss Rabiot for 2 matches.

Udinese wont let Samardzic go without obligation, Bonaventura is 34 years old and we need to pay, Pereyra also rumoured 3-4m.
Soton let Alcaraz go as loan with option. Fee seems big 3.7m + bonus but Guintoli might be smart to increase the loan fee as a cover for salary (3.7m - 1.2m salary). It might related to tax salary (gross) here and England

There still a lot of possibility in the summer. We need to push and secure Champions League football now and if possible be a champion. In the summer we get Fagioli back from suspension, Barrenechea, Soule from loan, Pogba possibly win the appeal. And we dont know the buy in value clause that the price will be reduced if we play Alcaraz more or we can also go back to buy Samardzic or other player. So having an option here would be better than obligation or no option.

Now i hope Alcaraz can be a success here and contribute for the best of Juventus

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020
Giuuntoli know that Allegri need a more reliable attacking midfielder because Miretti is inconsistent. But there are only few option nowadays as clubs don't want to ruin their campaign so they put a huge price tag to allow their player go. This is become a concern since giuntoli isn't sure if allegri still a juve coach next year.
What if the new coach doesn't like the player and we already invest big money to him. It's hard to not get another loss in our book if we decide to sell him. That also explain why in Giuntoli era we only sign player with low price.

Then come the opportunity as Alcaraz is the player giuntoli follow since long time ago and he is available for loan with OPTION to buy. So it match every juve criteria. We only need him for 6 month. I even prefer a move like this than signing bonaventura or pereyra on PERMANENT transfer.

The only minus about this deal of course his price tag. But unless he put a superhuman performance in second half of this season, i am sure we wont excercise the option.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Giuuntoli know that Allegri need a more reliable attacking midfielder because Miretti is inconsistent. But there are only few option nowadays as clubs don't want to ruin their campaign so they put a huge price tag to allow their player go. This is become a concern since giuntoli isn't sure if allegri still a juve coach next year.
What if the new coach doesn't like the player and we already invest big money to him. It's hard to not get another loss in our book if we decide to sell him. That also explain why in Giuntoli era we only sign player with low price.

Then come the opportunity as Alcaraz is the player giuntoli follow since long time ago and he is available for loan with OPTION to buy. So it match every juve criteria. We only need him for 6 month. I even prefer a move like this than signing bonaventura or pereyra on PERMANENT transfer.

The only minus about this deal of course his price tag. But unless he put a superhuman performance in second half of this season, i am sure we wont excercise the option.
this is not a bad theory.

but i am gonna lmao when allegri doens't play him unless every other option is injured

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)