Carlos Alcaraz (3 Viewers)

Jul 2, 2006
Not sure why it's hard to grasp that a player is worth what a club will sell him for. If Racing wanted €30m then he's worth that, but Argie clubs are poor. Newly-relegated PL clubs are not. Championship players go for big money now, but I do think the alleged fee is too high for what I would personally pay with my imaginary JJ money.

Funny how you add getting relegated as a weight to your argument, like a 21 year old Argie who played half a season (and did pretty well in a rubbish team) was a key factor for that.

He doesn't play much under Russell Martin because he's more of a give and go midfielder, Martin is a Pep fanboy who wants possession. And his name's not Charles Albert.
No, they don't. If he goes for the mentioned fee, this will be the fourth or fifth most expensive transfer in Championship history. Top 3 are bought by EPL clubs such as Chelsea, Totenham and Manchester City who are ten times richer than Italian clubs. No matter how you look at it, this transfer fee is inexplicable.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB2

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
No, they don't. If he goes for the mentioned fee, this will be the fourth or fifth most expensive transfer in Championship history. Top 3 are bought by EPL clubs such as Chelsea, Totenham and Manchester City who are ten times richer than Italian clubs. No matter how you look at it, this transfer fee is inexplicable.

1) It is unlikely that we will pay Southampton 40 m euros unless he turns out to be extraordinary.
2) You left out that two out of the top five on that list left Southampton last summer, including Alcaraz's midfield partner Lavia (62 million euros).
3) The deal can easily be financed by the sale of Yildiz.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Transfer fees increase exponentially all the time, so it's kind of irrelevant, it's the same in all leagues. How are you going to quantify what a player is worth?

Anyway it's a wait and see moment, first for the full figures and then what plays out. But a "Juve tax" wouldn't surprise me, even if I'd hope Giuntoli would work around that.

Jul 2, 2006
1) It is unlikely that we will pay Southampton 40 m euros unless he turns out to be extraordinary.
yeah, it turned out to be very unlikely. we are paying 53 million instead.

Deal done: The option to buy Alcaraz is set at €49M.

Juventus will pay €3.7m for the loan until June.

Total deal worth more than €52m.

[@DiMarzio)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Is he?

Never watched him play but can't say English 2nd division makes it sound good and promising. If he turns out great then that was a hell of a move.
English 2nd division financially is probably already ahead of Netherlands and Portugese 1st divisions and if its not yet soon it will be. No idea about the level, but the money in English football is serious and I doubt the level is shit.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
52m? This is a lose lose situtation. Either he's not very good or he's actually good but we have to pay 52m for him.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Deal done: The option to buy Alcaraz is set at €49M.

Juventus will pay €3.7m for the loan until June.

Total deal worth more than €52m.

[@DiMarzio)
That's ridiculous if true.

Why pay 3.7m for half a season if we don't intend to take him long term? Particularly if he doesn't seem ready to step into the stating lineup straight away. It's hard to see Allegri playing him from day 1.

49m is crazy in the summer for a guy who isn't regularly starting in the Championship or done much of note since joining Southampton. Our interest will mainly be based on his form in Argentina and he left for around 15m a year ago.

Hopefully he is closer to being a starter than he looks but all just seems like a last minute panic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)