Carlos Alcaraz (11 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
never heard of him and i doubt we'll actually buy him for 40m or more. i bet he's raw af. at least he looks strong and argies can usually pass quite well so the basics must be covered.

anyway besides interceptions these aren't the numbers of a shit player:

Screenshot_2024-01-31-05-24-58-16_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

if he can take away minutes from miretti and mckennie in midfield then we're good.

- - - Updated - - -

Who’s next? Jannik Sinner?
ask turk and he'll swear cuntoli will resurrect marcelo rios or tim henman

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Surprising last minute move, never heard of him but seems like a decent option to have based on the highlights, only 21yo with plenty of room for improvement, the price tag option isn’t cheap at all either however for now it’s just a loan that will help us evaluate further what to do, one thing is for sure though, we desperately needed another creative midfielder and looks like we got him, the rest remains to be seen.

Jul 2, 2006
''I do rate Alcaraz, but he hasn't really impressed this season. He actually looked a lot better last season. Might be best for him to move on. But would we get back the £12million we paid for him? ''

no, you are going to get quadruple of that.

had a good laugh when one of the big brains over there suggested Juve is gonna swap Soule for him next season.
If the mentioned offer of 40 million plus is true, we might en up paying an extra + Soule.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Saints are one of the Championship teams recently down (and probably going straight back up) so they are still very wealthy and don't need to sell anyone. If they don’t go up this season then that starts to change and it increases every season.

Did have to laugh at the "they'll include that Soule we've been linked to" comment. Presume they think they are going up, but even still. As someone who spends time on a Championship club forum I can tell you that there are some bizarre views and lack of knowledge of foreign teams and players. The fact they are going giddy over David Brooks signing is a sign of the position, he's a better Championship player.

Don't think we should really judge him on how he's done this season. Different system for them and manager doesn't seem to like him, inferior team mates, lot more parity and rough and tumble in the league. For a player his age I wouldn't be concerned, if he was 26 or something it's different. Dry loan is ideal to see if he can cut it.

I imagine the option fee is also completely made up at this point.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Saints are one of the Championship teams recently down (and probably going straight back up) so they are still very wealthy and don't need to sell anyone. If they don’t go up this season then that starts to change and it increases every season.

Did have to laugh at the "they'll include that Soule we've been linked to" comment. Presume they think they are going up, but even still. As someone who spends time on a Championship club forum I can tell you that there are some bizarre views and lack of knowledge of foreign teams and players. The fact they are going giddy over David Brooks signing is a sign of the position, he's a better Championship player.

I imagine the option fee is also completely made up at this point.
Agreed. I go to quite a few Leicester games and I hear people saying things like Sensi is the AM we need, he can play the 10 role perfectly.

I think Southampton will finish in the top 2 and Ipswich will fall off at some point.

From what I saw of Alcaraz last season he seemed a decent player who produced a few moments of brilliance, seems to have fallen out of favour this season which explains the loan. We needed something and it’s probably better than a dead end Pereyra or Bonaventura.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Weird transfer.

He seems too raw to fully contribute this season and the option price seems too high relative to his price a year ago/what he has shown since.

He's an interesting player and has a lot of qualities we need if we can develop him. Good that the deal is just an option but I hope the price is a lot lower than 40m

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
i can see why badass is upset.

He is upset over a loan. But he would celebrate if it was done by Tici. Who would paid 40m outright and given him a huge salary contract that renews itself if he kicks the ball 5 times with his non preferred foot, and salary raise if he learns the lyrics to the Juve grande storia amore song.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Weird transfer.

He seems too raw to fully contribute this season and the option price seems too high relative to his price a year ago/what he has shown since.

He's an interesting player and has a lot of qualities we need if we can develop him. Good that the deal is just an option but I hope the price is a lot lower than 40m
I agree it is a weird one, unless we have long term plans for him. If Giuntoli wanted him before then it suggests this is not a short term move unless he is a complete flop.

Also shows a lack of faith in some of our current fringe CMs, especially Hans. Less opportunities for Nonge maybe. The club clearly still see a hole left by Pogba and Fagioli.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)