Carlos Alcaraz (11 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
... The club clearly still see a hole left by Pogba and Fagioli.
and rightfully so

rabiot, locatelli, miretti/mckennie

isn't it the most lethargic juventus midfield since giannichedda - paro lol. only rabiot is a proper juve level midfielder, and he's about to leave probably. midfield should be the absolute priority for the next few transfer seasons

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
From the HL Carlos Alcaraz seems to be a nice mix of technique and physique which is always welcome.
I can see he came to Soton last January and managed to score 4 goals and assist two in Premier League in just half a season. Already played in 23 games in Championship. Just by that experience he is a better option than Nonge and Hans.

Jul 2, 2006
From Racing to Southampton in Janurary 2023 for 13 million €. They got relegated in his first season and apparently he wasn't even a starter in Championship this season.
From Southampton to Juventus in January 2024 for 40 million €.

reptiles, gather around and explain please.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Is he?

Never watched him play but can't say English 2nd division makes it sound good and promising. If he turns out great then that was a hell of a move.
they bought him for 14m directly from Argentina when they were playing in PL. Must be at least promising.

I like this signing, loan with option so if he fails he just goes back there.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I still don't get why the buyout would be so high? Unless he absolutely lights the league on fire we would never pay that. What do they gain from this? A bit of exposure to fetch a better price for him?

Aug 27, 2023
From Racing to Southampton in Janurary 2023 for 13 million €. They got relegated in his first season and apparently he wasn't even a starter in Championship this season.

It's a loan with option, who says we'll buy him...just learn to read properly before you shit over everything this club does

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
It's a loan with option, who says we'll buy him...just learn to read properly before you shit over everything this club does
Wonder about the loan fee. I hope its lower than € 2 million. 2m fee for 6 months is quite expensinve. He wasnt first team player in Soton and the buy option is very expensive

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005

5 m to the agent, 5 m to Giuntoli, 5 m to Allegri, 5 m to Elkann, 5 m to Milik.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Not sure why it's hard to grasp that a player is worth what a club will sell him for. If Racing wanted €30m then he's worth that, but Argie clubs are poor. Newly-relegated PL clubs are not. Championship players go for big money now, but I do think the alleged fee is too high for what I would personally pay with my imaginary JJ money.

Funny how you add getting relegated as a weight to your argument, like a 21 year old Argie who played half a season (and did pretty well in a rubbish team) was a key factor for that.

He doesn't play much under Russell Martin because he's more of a give and go midfielder, Martin is a Pep fanboy who wants possession. And his name's not Charles Albert.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I still don't get why the buyout would be so high? Unless he absolutely lights the league on fire we would never pay that. What do they gain from this? A bit of exposure to fetch a better price for him?
I'm guessing he isn't our first choice and we wanted Henderson, Lazar, Pereyra or Jack rather but does moves all failed.

24 hours before closing the transfer market your hands are tied and options are limited. We just fooled Southampton in whatever price they wanted (Liverpool did the same with us with Arthur)

No way in hell we would buy a CM at 40m at this point.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)