Carlo Ancelotti (2 Viewers)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Which can easily be attributed to Ancelotti's lack of ability.
i dont think that''s fair.
What did lippi do for Sorin?

Henry was too young and he wasn't established as a stricker yet. he was still playing as a left winger.
it took Nedved time to settle with juve. Sadly, juve didn't give henry much time because they wanted an immediate contribution to take the team out of the mess they were in.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
ancelotti can do stuff with a club like milan because he can spend,unlike at juve when he wasn't given much spending power by the board compared to lippi...

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
good point....

add to that the fact that DP was in his injury/recovery period for a long time during Ancelotti.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
i dont think that''s fair.
What did lippi do for Sorin?

Henry was too young and he wasn't established as a stricker yet. he was still playing as a left winger.
it took Nedved time to settle with juve. Sadly, juve didn't give henry much time because they wanted an immediate contribution to take the team out of the mess they were in.
Nope. Selling Henry was a huge mistake, a mistake that a good coach like Lippi wouldn't make.

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Nope. Selling Henry was a huge mistake, a mistake that a good coach like Lippi wouldn't make.

Correct me if i am wrong!!!!

but as far as i remember!!!
lippi was the one who purchased Henry!
and he resigned from the juventus coach that year!!!
Anchelotti Arrived
Season Ended
Henry Sold

in short it would mean that Anchelotti sold Henry (who was purchased by Lippi)

the entire conversation u guys r having is pointless!

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I gotta say I didn't like Ancellotti whilst he was Juve's coach as I hated the way he turned Parma from being the most entertaining teams in serieA with Zola and Asprilla combo to a very workman like team and as far as I am concerned, Juve's poor displays started with him and even with Zidane we were not pretty to watch at all

But this season I have been pleasantly surprised with the way Milan have been playing and to give it to the man, the likes of Crespo, Dp, Zidane and Tacchinardi have nothing but very good things to say about his character, I think he is a very decent human being as he always said very humble things in interviews his given even after crushing defeats and its too his eternal credit that he never made public knowledge rows that Dp and Inzaghi used to have.

Lippi on the other hand has been very sucessful at Juventus, though his decisions do leave me flabbergasted at times and I am pretty sure Inter fans won't have anything complimentary to say about his stay there . I am not sure though if he is a likeable character and if the rumours are true he does elect players to be his ears in the dressing room to report to him if hes being abused behind his back

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Well very fair observations by all means denco.

Lippi hasnt had that much of an illustrious playing career- nothing close to Lotti, but the results acquired with Lippi are a lot more than Lotti.

But IMHO Lotti will become better as he ages and gains more experience. He is one of the younger coaches after all...

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
i think carlo is better than lippi. i know none of u will agree with me but think about it.
carlo in juve didn't bring big names that's why he couldn't win anything.look at lippi he brought all these stars.and look the way we are playing.like chickens.we score a goal then defend all the match.don't tell me that we won serie a last season.it was luck and bad performance from the other teams.ok maybe we are winning those 3 points but we are not playing the way that carlo's team does.

Jul 12, 2002
I think that Carlo was a fine coach and had some advantages over Lippi. However, Carlo didn't have a great nose for young talent, but he did have faith in his players. You've got to give him that.

-Kinas-

Apr 13, 2003
lippi transfer skills may be lacking.......

i dun really like the new transfers...

i feel that we spent too much on players that are overrated..

lets see where we end up at the end of this season...

then we can give verdict. ;p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)