Carlo Ancelotti (2 Viewers)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
He is indeed doing well, but with the players he has he, IMVHO, should/could do even better :) He doesn't seem like a man who is able to bring everything out of the players or a team. I think he lacks carisma.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
I think he lacks carisma.
I kinda understand what you mean by that, but I think he has his own type of charisma, I really like him.

Forza Carlo!

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
No way.
Lippi is better thousand times than carlo anceloti except for some awful tactical desicions like playing some people out of position.

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
for me , i'm happy that Ancelotti is Milan's coach , cause under his manegment Milan won't win anything for the next 4 years (untill his contract has expired :D)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I never liked him,, but it seems that is having an acceptable campaign with milan.

I began to hate him in the last Pippo-delpiero season, when both were in a very bad shape, and trezeguet, in good shape, was an eternal substitute.

Almajhool

Sep 8, 2002
most of our victories r based on carlo's work ..

he's brilliant .. but .. the only thing .. is that his team .. loses passion with time ..

beside .. Lippi .. helped the player sychologically ..

OP
my_hitzJUVE

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    mmm...i think so...lippi is better than carlo because lippi has better motivation skills....he aslo quit moody...

he's nothing for us...

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
    he was not suited for being a juventus coach

i am glad he is doing well with milan but i agree with Nina and i think he should be doing even better in the league!!!

although it is not over yet but i don't think anceloti is the kind of coach with the long breath!!!

forza lippi he is better for us!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    I think Carlo is a good coach to Organize a team's tactics.
    Juve looked very Solid in Many games when he was coach. Juve's style didn't depend on work-your-ass-off as this team does.

Carlo did a good job in re-ogganizing juve once lippi left in the end of the 98-99 season when juve was defending champs but at mid-table.

The problem with ancelotti: in every 10 games, he has to screw-up big time once. and that "once" is usually either the MOST important game, or the Least important game.

Examples,
    Juve Lost to Lazio 4-1 in the 00-01 season when juve, lazio and Roma were well in the hunt for the scudetto.
    Same year, Roma tied juve 2-2.
    Celta Vigo 4-0 Juve!
    The Hamberg and Panathainakos games in the CL!
    (juve should have beat these easy teams)

Also against the weaker teams:
    Perugia 1-0 juve (cost us the scudetto)
    Atalanta 2-1 Juve.

There is a pattern of bad results with Carlo, They are mostly in the decisive games and not just the tough ones.so this makes me think that he isn't a good motivator.

With Lippi, our loss patterns seem to come from other reasons: Like lack of options and fatige. (Excpet for the ManU game #2 :fero)

anyway, Scudetto runner-ups two years in a row isn't too bad!

but i'm glad he seems to be doing better with Milan this season.
    If there's any team, other than juve, that i would want to win the CL or serie A, then it's Milan

Forza Carlo

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    I think Carlo is a good coach to Organize a team's tactics.
    Juve looked very Solid in Many games when he was coach. Juve's style didn't depend on work-your-ass-off as this team does.

Forza Carlo

i am not trying to underline the acheivements of carlo, i am not a big fan of this person but i do have respect for his acheivments and his work. but what i want to state my opinion on what u said above!!!!

the reason is that carlo had a player like Zidane at his disposal!!! a player that could organize the entire midfield! supply strikers, score and entertain the spectators!!!!

while now we have Nedved in that position and nedved's game is DIFFERENT than zidane's game!!! nedved does not have zizo's skillz but he makes up for that by putting more effort into his game and running like a maniac for the entire 90 minutes! this is what makes Lippi have to accept by the "work-your-ass-off " strategy u mentioned!!!!

remember in lippi's old era with juventus we had a solid performing squad that won all possible club titles!!!!

it is not the coach's tactics as much as that it is the player's at his disposal!!!!

we all saw what happened to barcelona, when Van Gaal tried to put players in positions they are not suited for just because he wanted them to follow his tacitcs!!! and now all that Antic has done is simply deploy each player at his disposal for the position the player preferes....

so what i wanted to say is that the players at the coach's disposal is what makes the difference and the coach might have to change his tactics in order to suite the players he has!!!!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    point taken :)

maybe i noticed the difference when Ancelotti Lifted juve from 8th to 5th when he replaced Lippi in Feburary 1999 (98/99 season).
    Mind you that he had the same players at the end of the season that Lippi had.

So he did organize the team

but it's true about Zidane being the main character of Organization as juve used to play: pass-ball-to-Zidane style ;)

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
    i do agree with u man

but let us not forget that when ancelotti came to juventus and lifted them from 8th to 5th he had already made two signings!!!
    Theiry Henry (scored a double in our last away victory against lazio 1-3)
    and Esnaider (who didn't have much playing time)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    Actually, Henry was signed when lippi was caoch :p

but besides those 2 goals (and 1 more), Henry didn't do much for juve. he just sat on the bench.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    Actually, Henry was signed when lippi was caoch :p

but besides those 2 goals (and 1 more), Henry didn't do much for juve. he just sat on the bench.
    Which can easily be attributed to Ancelotti's lack of ability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)