Car Bomb in NYC (2 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
I doubt any bomb was found.

It is simply another attempt to make American people feel satisfied that their troops thousands of kilometers away are fighting a real enemy, not a mirage.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
There is no evidence the failed attempt to detonate a car bomb in New York was the work of al-Qaeda or any other big terrorist group, the city's mayor says.

Michael Bloomberg spoke after police dismissed claims by a Pakistani Taliban group that it was responsible.

Investigators are hunting a middle-aged white man seen removing his shirt near the scene at Times Square on Saturday evening and stuffing it into a bag.

President Barack Obama has vowed the US will track down the perpetrators.

Investigators have been gathering evidence from the Nissan Pathfinder in which the homemade petrol and propane bomb was found.

Behaving 'furtively'

The engine was still running with hazard lights flashing when the SUV, emitting smoke, attracted the attention of a street vendor.

Police evacuated part of the bustling entertainment district and shut subway lines, while a controlled explosion was carried out.

New York City Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said on Sunday the bomb was crude, but could have sparked a "significant fireball".

Another component of the device was a rifle cabinet packed with more than 100lb (45kg) of fertilizer, although police said it was not of a type volatile enough to explode.

Commissioner Kelly said they were looking for an unidentified white man, thought to be in his 40s, who was spotted behaving "furtively" nearby.

CCTV captured the suspect walking down an alley and changing a shirt, while looking back in the direction of the smoking SUV.

Home video

Police are also examining a home video taken by a tourist of a man seen near the car.

There is no evidence this is tied in with al-Qaeda or any other big terrorist organisation.

Detectives have established that the car's registration plates do not match up with the Nissan.

They belonged to a car owner in the state of Connecticut, who told officers he had sent the plates to a scrap-yard.

A Pakistani Taliban group claimed in a one-minute internet video that it was behind the failed attack.

Tehreek-e-Taliban said the bomb was revenge for the deaths of its leader and the leader of al-Qaeda in Iraq.

But the police commissioner and the mayor cast doubt on the claim.

"There is no evidence that this is tied in with al-Qaeda or any other big terrorist organisation," Mr Bloomberg said.

The mayor earlier told reporters New York had avoided what could have been "a very deadly event".

'Pop, pop, pop'

US Homeland Security Chief Janet Napolitano has said there was so far no evidence that it was more than a "one-off event", but added it was "a potential terrorist attack".

Still photo from a CCTV camera shows the Nissan Pathfinder (bottom left) passing through Times Square
Police have been gathering evidence from the SUV that contained the bomb

Duane Jackson, the 58-year-old handbag seller who spotted the vehicle, has been hailed as a hero.

The Vietnam War veteran alerted a passing police officer, after noticing the car parked illegally with its keys in the ignition.

"That's when the smoke started coming out and then we heard the little pop, pop, pop - like firecrackers going out," he said.

The New York Police Department has been on constant alert since the 9/11 attacks.

Earlier this year, two men, one an Afghan immigrant, pleaded guilty to a plot to set off suicide bombs in the city's subway system.

And last year four New Yorkers went on trial accused of plotting to bomb synagogues in the city and fire missiles at military aircraft.

BBC

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

It is simply another attempt to make American people feel satisfied that their troops thousands of kilometers away are fighting a real enemy, not a mirage.
So the NYPD faked an attempted bombing to appeal to America's deep concern for South Park? Even though it has already been stated that they don't believe this had any links to big extremest groups operating in the middle east.

OP
Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
  • Thread Starter #87

So the NYPD faked an attempted bombing to appeal to America's deep concern for South Park? Even though it has already been stated that they don't believe this had any links to big extremest groups operating in the middle east.
    alcapwned

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Well they won't be getting any respect from me. I am completely against the use of torture but when it comes to extremists like these I really don't care what the CIA does to them. They deserve whatever they get.

Don't get involved, its never a good decision.

Respect:tup:
    Thats just wrong man.

Though i'm against people who are against the death sentence, terrorists for example definitely deserve to be in death row.

You mean the people who complained about the episode?

I'm not trying to defend the use of torture by the American government on the contrary I think it should be stamped out at all levels but thats not because I have any sympathy for the victims of it(In a case like this).
    of course not, but torture is inhumane, and whatever the reasons.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    You can't make unsupported accusations like this just because you don't like America. Btw The first suspect that US homeland security was on the lookout for was a middle aged white man.
    Hating America is very broad. I don't hate America as a country. I hate their foreign policy. I have nothing against normal people there. I even have friends and relatives inside America.

These are conspiracies that are implemented from time to time by Zionists. Wait and see.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    These are conspiracies that are implemented from time to time by Zionists. Wait and see.
    I don't need to wait to know that this bit is absolute nonsense. I can understand why you would hate Israel but I think your prejudice is blinding you here, you're seeing conspiracies where they don't really exist.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    I don't need to wait to know that this bit is absolute nonsense. I can understand why you would hate Israel but I think your prejudice is blinding you here, you're seeing conspiracies where they don't really exist.
    Whatever. It is my opinion in the end. Either you agree with it or not. It is not like I'm carrying a sword to impose it on you.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Whatever. It is my opinion in the end. Either you agree with it or not. It is not like I'm carrying a sword to impose it on you.
    Fair enough, but is there actually any reason for you to suspect that this specific incident is a Zionist conspiracy or would your response be the same to any suspicious bombing or attempted bombing that took place anywhere in the US these days?

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    Fair enough, but is there actually any reason for you to suspect that this specific incident is a Zionist conspiracy or would your response be the same to any suspicious bombing or attempted bombing that took place anywhere in the US these days?
    Zionists use any chance they can to make Muslims look retarded and very small-minded. They saw this South Park thing as an opportunity to make people in America feel satisfied that their troops in Afghanistan and Iraq are fighting ignorant people that deserve to be erased from the world in cooperation with Israel.

During the history of Israel, they always used this kind of incidents to achieve their goals.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
    Hating America is very broad. I don't hate America as a country. I hate their foreign policy. I have nothing against normal people there. I even have friends and relatives inside America.

This is why I hate religion :sergio:

Do you even have some sort of proof?

David01

Aug 20, 2006
    no ofcourse he doesn't have proof
    I sympathise with the life Palestinians have to live but he portrays it like muslims are innocent victims of jewish tirrany
    any reasonable man can see that the truth lies in the middle
    and ofcourse he sees the hand of zionists in everything that is happening in the world
    he is biased but who can blame him, I would probably be biased if I lived in Palestine

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    This is why I hate religion :sergio:

Do you even have some sort of proof?
    no ofcourse he doesn't have proof
    I sympathise with the life Palestinians have to live but he portrays it like muslims are innocent victims of jewish tirrany
    any reasonable man can see that the truth lies in the middle
    and ofcourse he sees the hand of zionists in everything that is happening in the world
    he is biased but who can blame him, I would probably be biased if I lived in Palestine
    These are not my conclusions:

It has been documented that some attacks on synagogues in the Middle East were carried out by Israeli terrorists, but conveniently blamed on Arab terrorists.

To many, this may be surprising and unbelievable, however, there are many documented cases of Zionist terrorists lighting the fires of conflict consistent with meeting the objectives of their nefarious schemes.

Mark Weber, director of the Institute of Historical Review in a work titled The Zionist Terror Network sheds light on the murky and sometimes vicious operations of an alliance of Zionist terrorists, specifically -- the Jewish Defense League -- active in America and abroad since the late 60s.

http://www.ihr.org/reviews/ztnreview.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)