Car Bomb in NYC (1 Viewer)

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009

Times Square car bomb: police investigate South Park link

Police in New York are investigating whether a car bomb in Times Square was targeted on the makers of South Park over a controversial depiction of the Prophet Muhammad.

The device, which failed to detonate, was left near the offices of Viacom, which owns the irreverent cartoon series.

Last month postings on an Islamic website warned the creators of South Park - Matt Stone and Trey Parker - that they could face violent reprisals after an episode of the show featured Muhammad in a bear suit.

A posting on the website of a US-based group called Revolution Muslim warned Stone and Parker that they would “probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh”, the Dutch film-maker who was murdered in 2004 by a Muslim angered by his film about Muslim women.

The bomb was left inside a dark green Nissan Pathfinder, left with its engine running and hazard lights flashing near the junction of 45th Street and Broadway.

A T-shirt vendor, who was a Vietnam veteran, alerted police when he noticed smoke coming out of it.

Police hurriedly evacuated thousands of tourists and theatre-goers, including women in evening gowns, from the area on Broadway's busiest night of the week.

Heavily armed police and FBI agents were deployed on the empty streets as bomb disposal experts used a robot to break the windows on the vehicle and remove explosive material.

The car contained three propane tanks, fireworks, two five gallon gasoline containers, two clocks with batteries, electrical wires and a 4ft by 2ft metal box.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-bomb-police-investigate-South-Park-link.html

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If Revolution Muslim has members posting on the internet, they're retards. Expect the FBI on your doorstop.

But alas, awww, the beauty of religion. :touched:

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
They they wonder why they call them terrorists.
Idiots .. what confuses is that all the Muslims I know would never do anything like that .

Anyway, did they arrest anyone yet? I'll hang on the slight chance some Timothy Mcveigh (however you spell that) does that ..

and hope no one hops on my back, i'm just sick and tired of stupid muslims who give the world more ammunition to attack us :confused:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It really does seem like there are tons of psycho Muslim groups out there with these extremist views.

I haven't even heard of this one.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
All Muslims!

Give me a break, I was only messing around.

It certainly seemed that way, and i really doubt you were messing around, but i'll take your word for it this time.

At the risk of putting salt in old wounds, when Ze made a generalization once, all hell broke loose, but i guess its ok to make generalizations about certain groups. The argument at the time(which was a phony one of course), was that people had such a strong reaction because Ze was a mod and he should have known better, i don't see much difference between that situation and this.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Fred, you are really adding fuel to the fire of the whole "Muslims take shit too seriously" debate.

Wrong thread to do so as well.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It certainly seemed that way, and i really doubt you were messing around, but i'll take your word for it this time.

At the risk of putting salt in old wounds, when Ze made a generalization once, all hell broke loose, but i guess its ok to make generalizations about certain groups. The argument at the time(which was a phony one of course), was that people had such a strong reaction because Ze was a mod and he should have known better, i don't see much difference between that situation and this.
Oh God...do I have to cry now?

I can't believe you brought that up because of it. Think whatever you want, I don't care nor I want to respond to further comments.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Oh God...do I have to cry now?

I can't believe you brought that up because of it. Think whatever you want, I don't care nor want to respond to further comments.

I won't take this any further, i just wanted to highlight the bias and double standards, thats all you'll hear from me about this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)