Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (47 Viewers)

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
It's so difficult not to feel sad when thinking of how the time of great players like this have passed by. Giorgio was every inch the emblematic bandiera for us and respected worldwide as one of the very very best defenders of his era.

Because of when I started as a Juventino, I saw much more of Chiellini than I did of Del Piero at Juventus, I imagine this is how longer-term fans feel about Alex too? We had a really great chain of captains leading us out in the Champions League and representing us at the coin toss with the great captains of other teams. Alex then Buffon then Chiellini. So much presence and character as well as performing at a world class level for many years.

We'll see future greats no doubt, but it still brings a tear to think about how these ones aren't coming back.

- - - Updated - - -

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

"It was not beautiful to watch for sure, but it's something I learned in my career that you have to be effective and not beautiful." "I never was beautiful with the ball, without the ball, and also out of the field (points to face)."

He sure has a good sense of humor. :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)