Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (163 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
This man is everything that Juve was , and can be again.

If they fail to bring him back in a truly meaningful capacity, I'm going to start to wonder if my loyalty is actually worth it. He is what is needed. A combination of heart, charisma, and most importantly, intelligence. We have 1 adult in the room now, but need more.

And I've seen it all in over 40 years of being a supporter. But not bringing him back just might be the proverbial straw that breaks the camels back.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
the legacy of this guy is hard to understand. the only player to win 9 scudetti in a row, right? we all remember some legends from the last 30 years. buffon, adp, neved, and that probably wraps up chiello's tier, at least in my book. you can add conte if you're a bit more generous than i am, i won't blame anyone for that, or maybe trez, and that's all.

if you won't shed a single tear watching this...

and of course he's smart enough for jj. he saw the team the triad built. he saw the team secco & co destroyed. he watched aa, marotta and conte resurrect the club, and he witnessed how (quickly) it turned to shit around '18. his brutal remark to allegri while watching jj vs empoli ("this is not a team") tells more than a cv of 100 pages. let's hope jj is smart enough to get him on board.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
the worst thread for such a generally valid remark

I mean I love the guy. But can you not see him influencing transfers or tactics a bit too much. Remember Buffon's legendary love for Berna. Players so close to the game can't do the job of a Giuntoli IMO.

And you can say well surely we won't put him in that role but we all know how it goes with ex players. They get a massive input

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 157)