Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (24 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Elvin is clearly traumatized because all of his AC Milan friends make fun of Juve's CL failures. Fine.

It's just really hard to read such cringe.
We all are, some are in denial :D

- - - Updated - - -

Kovacic won the Champions League 4 times and with 2 different clubs. Are we witnessing the greatest legend in all of sports right now?
No, you have to win it as a starter/protagonist during the season.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
No CL = no 1st tier. It's my opinion and I think most neutrals see it that way.

If you have a 20-25 season career and don't win a CL in that span (don't care how or thanks to whom), you are not a 1st tier legend in my opinion. ESPECIALLY for players after 1990.
It's sadly how it is.

CL always seems to be what is held in the highest regard as it's by far the most prestigious trophy in club football.

That said, a player can be great without winning the CL. R9 and Matthäus are some of the best players to ever grace the game and they never won the CL. Doesn't make them lesser legends to lets say Kroos/Modric and Benzema.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
It's sadly how it is.

CL always seems to be what is held in the highest regard as it's by far the most prestigious trophy in club football.

That said, a player can be great without winning the CL. R9 and Matthäus are some of the best players to ever grace the game and they never won the CL. Doesn't make them lesser legends to lets say Kroos/Modric and Benzema.
I am willing to concede that some legends might qualify to 1st tier even without a CL (very very few, larger than life legends like Buffon and R9), but Chiellini isn't one of them IMO.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I am willing to concede that some legends might qualify to 1st tier even without a CL (very very few, larger than life legends like Buffon and R9), but Chiellini isn't one of them IMO.
No need to move the goalpost’s now, i actually also have my own doubts that undisputed 1st tier legends such as Valdes, Origi, Boateng or Christensen won’t find it disrespectful to have themselves included in the same legendary category as UCL chokers like R9, Buffon, Maradona, Chiellini and Cannavaro whom are also held in such a low regard by most neutral fans(a.k.a your azeri buddies) who’s opinions are as always impeccably accurate. :agree:

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
You know how you get those montages or collection of quotes asking top players what it was like playing against Messi or whoever?

Is there anything like that where we hear what it was like playing against Chiellini?

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
You know how you get those montages or collection of quotes asking top players what it was like playing against Messi or whoever?

Is there anything like that where we hear what it was like playing against Chiellini?
Was not able to find any specific videos or montages that gathers all of them together but it was rather easy to find some of the news articles and interviews on this subject from the previous years

I’m imagining that there’s probably others but this were the ones i could find right now.

Cavani.
Cavani interview
4A727835-1D24-4B71-B77F-8CB8ABEB61E4.jpeg

Ibrahimovic.
Ibra interview

58B109F4-7469-4458-B24E-062BC630410A.jpeg

Bruno Fernandes.
B.Fernandes interview

48F005EE-1EC5-4698-B854-DFD3B677D0A8.jpeg

Harry Kane.
Kane interview
B3DD8858-8C67-4FC2-8AAD-0AB0EE7A3138.jpeg

Belotti.
Belotti interview
E54C2707-CD4B-46C5-AA93-7CC20A501F09.jpeg

Dzeko.
Dzeko interview

099D524A-B4DA-41C4-9100-132FB17DCC43.jpeg

Morata.
Morata interview
FCFB5673-68A6-4ACD-83A3-E91A2CCBBA2E.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe someone here could eventually do a montage with all of them.(and others if they find). :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)