Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (67 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Ramos was still among Real Madrid's best defenders as well even during his last season with them. Didn't stop them from not renewing his contract and allowing their new, younger CB's with more time to settle in. It was a practical decision given that Ramos couldn't play much(due to injuries) and when he was fit, it was difficult to bench him. A sticky situation to be in but the right decision was made in the end.

I don't see why it should be any different with Chiellini. I mean he's 38 for god's sake. How about we give more opportunities for upcoming talent.
RM was willing to keep doing 1 year contract renewals and Ramos wanted more. If Chiellini is okay with 1 yr contracts, I say keep him

Buy on AliExpress.com

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Ramos was still among Real Madrid's best defenders as well even during his last season with them. Didn't stop them from not renewing his contract and allowing their new, younger CB's with more time to settle in. It was a practical decision given that Ramos couldn't play much(due to injuries) and when he was fit, it was difficult to bench him. A sticky situation to be in but the right decision was made in the end.

I don't see why it should be any different with Chiellini. I mean he's 38 for god's sake. How about we give more opportunities for upcoming talent.
https://www.juventus.com/en/juventus-tv/chiellini-and-juve-continue-their-journey-until-2023
We don't need to renew his contract this summer, last renewal was for 2 years.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Our best and most consistent defender is MDL. However if Chiellini would accept significantly lower fixed salary and to mostly get paid based on number of appearances, Id keep him for another year.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Our best and most consistent defender is MDL. However if Chiellini would accept significantly lower fixed salary and to mostly get paid based on number of appearances, Id keep him for another year.
Hopefully such contracts start getting made anyways I doubt we will see Chiellini next year at juve.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I could live with another year of Chiellini to be honest, depends a bit on the option we have tho.
Agree, but if we sell Bonucci. We need to sign a starter CB anyway, and we have Gatti and Rugani already. Plus Danilo, and De Winter if he stays. I would sell both and get 2 new CBs, but that seems a bit too much overhaul for one summer. And my preference would be Chiellini over Bonucci

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
In these rare moments when you see him play you realize how much he's gonna be missed. :sad:
Knows exactly when to go forward to break a pass, be faster than a striker or just cancel the action. And this at 37yo.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Good game, dragged us up the pitch.

His passing looks awkward but he plays a lot of effective ones through the lines..
Yes didn't watch the first half but guy who posters don't wanting to handle the ball in opponents half ( I understand why) he sure played with plenty of grinta! For an old man looked quite active before Juve's second goal. He did make some effective passes to the frontline. That's something I thought Arthur would be making all the time. I guess not.
:chiello:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Giorgio Chiellini’s considering to leave Juventus at the end of current season and MLS could be his next destination - he’s tempted by this possibility. #MLS

Current deal expires in June 2022 but Chiellini’s now open to try a new experience.

[Fabrizio Romano]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)