Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (89 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I still dont understand why Mancini subs him in for G. Mancini in 90th minute while still at 0-0.
Because even in a do or die scenario, the weight of these legends is too great for everyone involved. They ALWAYS become important players of the mooment and that's why if they are not up for it any longer, you must move on immediately. Because it just lingers.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Two months is good for a 5th choice. It depends on many things during the mercato it certainly isnt a direct no for me
He has an aura like Buffon as in you can't keep him on the bench for too long when he's fit. He's no 5th choice CB when he isn't injured.

It's time we move on and build towards the future.

Jun 16, 2020
He has an aura like Buffon as in you can't keep him on the bench for too long when he's fit. He's no 5th choice CB when he isn't injured.

It's time we move on and build towards the future.
Yeah because when fit, he's still a elite defender. Great captain aswel, a true leader. And replacing him costs more than keeping him while there are more pressing problems.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I dont see why thats a problem. He's still comfortably among our best defenders when fit.
Ramos was still among Real Madrid's best defenders as well even during his last season with them. Didn't stop them from not renewing his contract and allowing their new, younger CB's with more time to settle in. It was a practical decision given that Ramos couldn't play much(due to injuries) and when he was fit, it was difficult to bench him. A sticky situation to be in but the right decision was made in the end.

I don't see why it should be any different with Chiellini. I mean he's 38 for god's sake. How about we give more opportunities for upcoming talent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)