Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (65 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'd offer him €0.5m p/a and keep him on. Even if he can only play 15 games he's such a useful player for us. We always look a better team when he plays, he sets the example and tempo.

But I can totally understand if he thinks enough is enough. Players have a life after football, and he probably doesn't want to be half-crippled by something he shouldn't have ignored.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I hope we don't hire legends and ex-Juventini anymore unless it's in non-important roles like David Trezeguet.
It honestly applies for most football clubs. Not everyone is gonna turn out to a Pep or Zidane. They are more like the exception to the norm.

Chelsea realized this whole idea was a farce and quickly moved on. Man United are still figuring things out but it seems they are happy with the bare minimum which is also my fear with Pirlo and the Juventus leadership.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
OGS is doing a good job compared to other recent United managers. It's shit compared to old United standards under SAF, but good in comparison to them. But he has a better squad than Moyes, van Gaal etc, so how well is he really doing? The bare minimum is a good description. The same epic inconsistency as Juve, but Juve on our best day have not played as well as United at their best this season.

For Juve to do as well as previous coaches you have to win the scudetto. Pirlo probably isn't going to do that this season, but we shouldn't be totally surprised. At least OGS had an apprenticeship at Molde to try his ideas out. Pirlo didn't even have a proper pre-season, we started off with a 10-15 point handicap while he figured things out, and conditions haven't been right for us to go on a run to make ground up.

Chiellini is a very smart guy but it doesn't mean he will be a success. For individual success you need success across the board. When we started off with Marotta we hired Delneri and it was a failure, they took a gamble on Conte and it worked spectacularly. From then on every department seemed stronger because results followed. What happens on the pitch dictates how everyone at the club is seen.

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
OGS is doing a good job compared to other recent United managers. It's shit compared to old United standards under SAF, but good in comparison to them. But he has a better squad than Moyes, van Gaal etc, so how well is he really doing? The bare minimum is a good description. The same epic inconsistency as Juve, but Juve on our best day have not played as well as United at their best this season.

For Juve to do as well as previous coaches you have to win the scudetto. Pirlo probably isn't going to do that this season, but we shouldn't be totally surprised. At least OGS had an apprenticeship at Molde to try his ideas out. Pirlo didn't even have a proper pre-season, we started off with a 10-15 point handicap while he figured things out, and conditions haven't been right for us to go on a run to make ground up.

Chiellini is a very smart guy but it doesn't mean he will be a success. For individual success you need success across the board. When we started off with Marotta we hired Delneri and it was a failure, they took a gamble on Conte and it worked spectacularly. From then on every department seemed stronger because results followed. What happens on the pitch dictates how everyone at the club is seen.
Chiellini? Yeah hire another dinosaur obsessed with grinta, joy of catenaccio and all other calcio bullshit.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Grazie Amigo. Off to greener pastures

he was my favorite defender since Montero but I think he knows it’s time

- - - Updated - - -

We should give him a job at the club. Like Nedved
How do you know we already haven’t?

chiellini has an MBA after all

Strickland

May 17, 2019
If only he could stay fit, he's still starting level material for any club in Europe, but age catches up to all of us, if he feels it's time, then it's time.

Would be wonderful if he could return to Juve in another role right away or a couple years down the road, besides being a club legend he also seems to have a lot of intelligence and integrity.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

I desperately want DemiLigt to become this, but for this to happen Chiellini & Bonucci need to make way ASAP.

EDIT: injured again on intl duty; yep, we would be dumbest mothackers alive to renew.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)