Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (44 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Good thing it didn't cost us in the end, but yeah, altough i agree it was clumsy i also think it was an rather easy penalty that could just aswell not have been awarded and probably wouldn't have if the same happened at the other end, anyway obviously needs to be more carefull given how everything is under the microscope this days.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
he was pretty much flawless until the end. Often times you don’t even see the immediate threats because he sniffs plays out before they happen. If he wants to stay, he should be allowed to, but only if he’s ok being a backup because we can’t rely on him as a starter anymore.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
First and foremost Chiellini is clearly struggling to adapt to the new era of VAR.

Those cheap shots that he used to get away with won’t go unpunished any longer. That’s two crucial penalties against Napoli he’s conceded this year.

If he stays, I think it’s too late for him to change his game. We’ll just have to accept it and hope he doesn’t f up too often.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
If Pepe, and Silva can still do it at their age, so can Chiellini, with only difference being them guys start week in week out and given simple instructions. Despite the blunders and goals we've conceded I think a good coach at the helm will and can get the best out of every player, even the fully ripe ones.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
If Pepe, and Silva can still do it at their age, so can Chiellini, with only difference being them guys start week in week out and given simple instructions. Despite the blunders and goals we've conceded I think a good coach at the helm will and can get the best out of every player, even the fully ripe ones.
Can he? He gets injured every 2 games ffs. No, he cant.

Dont renew!

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Can he? He gets injured every 2 games ffs. No, he cant.

Dont renew!
Theres not many players who have gone injury free, especially at the back, i dont have any stats at hand but i'd like to see something on lhe lines of a a history of who's been the injured the most this season. To me it just feels like we are riding at a cursed time now, players are either out injured, or simply can't perform because of consitency or just the fact they are made to look shit because of the unorganised and careless dynamic style of football we play.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yep. We need to sell the high earners in defense, Bonucci and Alex Sandro. We can't afford to let Chiello walk yet, plus as a depth option he's more than great. Reminder that just recently we had Rugani and Caceres as backups, Chiellini in 15 years will be better than those

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Was solid throughout the game, involved all the way and perhaps among the best on the pitch overall today, proving once again that when fit enough he is still a very reliable option to have when called upon, much needed even.

What is it that, 3 full games in a row now? I honestly wouldn't force our luck but we didn't/don't have much of a choice atm i guess.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Chiellini: 'Me and Buffon will never be a problem, Elvin'

Juventus captain Giorgio Chiellini said his and Gianluigi Buffon’s renewals ‘haven't and never will be a problem’ for the Old Lady.
The Bianconeri centre-back spoke to Sky Sport Italia about his and Buffon’s current situation at the Allianz Stadium.
The two veterans are on expiring deals and are currently not negotiating with the club.

“During the international break, my renewal and that of Gigi Buffon seemed to be a problem,” he told Sky Sport Italia. “But that’s not true.
“This problem doesn’t exist, we have never been, we are not, and we never will be [a problem]. You got that Elvin?
“It’s a fantasy market, but I would certainly never play with another shirt in Italy or in Europe, it’s not an alternative.
“At the moment, I’m focused on Atalanta and onwards.”

- - - Updated - - -

https://app.football-italia.net/?re...t#article/footballitalia-169236&menu=news-all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)