Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (37 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Fair fair. But my whole case is about next season anyway (dont renew :D).

We did need Chiellini this year true but ironically he wasnt there when needed and we had to use Danilo, touche.

Anyway, lets see what happens.
Case in point then, it is still better to have all five of them available afterall, can cover for one another, nonetheless we could say it also depends on how long will we actually stick with the 3 CB’s formation, that alone would warrant even more the need of 5 highly competent CB’s for next season aswell, therefore why Chiellini’s renewall would very much make sense if he is up for it for another year.

We’ll see how all this will eventually pan out, i guess only time will tell.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I love Chiello but one thing i always hated about him was his antics. He keeps doing it even with VAR.

- - - Updated - - -

Loved his block when Insigne skinned de Ligt who called out for help and Chiellini came for rescue immediately, WC ass saving there. Stupid stupid penalty to give away though, looked intentional too
Was it the same action when he misspassed to Napoli players and they started a counter attack?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
He will be renewed because Bonucci will tell Buffon and Buffon will tell Nedved and Nedved will tell Agnelli.

And on and on we go.

Then we will arrive at an important stage and Demiral-MDL will have played like 5 matches together instead of 50.
Lets remember he was also injured for around a quarter or the season so that probably plays into those numbers, as well as Demiral has his fair share of retarded moments too.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
He's great. But still don't renew.
Just for the record I dont hate Chiellini at all.
It's just my opinion that it's a mistake to renew him unless he accepts a full time sub role.
Do not renew.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah wtf was he trying to do? Whats the point of getting your hands that high?
Do I sound fuckin happy? Im miserable as fuck today. He is not finished but he is unreliable and accepting such dumb mistakes from a young player is just easier.

Do not renew.
Hey man, then lets just close the forum, cause "doesnt matter what we say".

No shit, Sherlock. We're just discussing our club here. I say we shouldnt renew and you say we should. That's it, no need to go into philosophy here :D

Do not renew.

- - - Updated - - -

And thats my entire point in all of this. Im fine with Chiellini staying but as an EMERGENCY back up, not as a rotational player. And since I know that given his status he will always get (unnecessary) starts, I prefer he retires. Simple. No need for a witch hunt.
Do you think we should renew his contract?

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
https://www.football-italia.net/166522/juventus-no-injury-chiellini

No injury for Chiellini.

The medical examinations have excluded an injury for Juventus captain Giorgio Chiellini and no serious problem for Rodrigo Bentancur.
The Old Lady were forced to replace Chiellini after 35 minutes of the 2-1 defeat to FC Porto in the Champions League, but the tests at J|Medical has ruled out a serious injury for the veteran.
“Giorgio Chiellini underwent radiological examinations at J|Medical this morning, which excluded muscle injuries to his right calf,” the club wrote in a statement.
“His condition will be monitored day by day.”

Bentancur was also examined, but the report reveals no serious injury for the midfielder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)