Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (52 Viewers)

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Nah i think it is great that he speaks out while he is still playing. If he does that after retirement, he will just look like an old fool trying to stay relevant.

Look at fools like Roy Keane. Constantly whining about past and present players/managers now just to get himself on newspaper. That old dude is so out of touch with reality. If you put Roy Keane in modern day premier League, he will at most be a Ndombele level player.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
let's have little math here :

Everyone around the globe noticed that Chiellini wrote an autobiography with him going controversial with Balo and Melo - Marketing Strategy

let's say the book is around 50$ .... a million copies will be sold within a year ..at worst .... that's about 50 millions of dollars

that is business .....

wait for Cr7
Chiellini will only get a fraction of that, the rest goes to publishers and other parties involved

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I dont mind Chiellini having a negative opinion on players and sharing them publicly.. but it should be done once hes retired & not during his playing career..
He won't face Melo again, and Balotelli has been semi-retired for years, but it will be interesting to see if they do meet again...

Perhaps Balo will actually move his ass next time they meet, he always needs some motivation. My money would be on Chiello getting him sent off, because one of these two men is smart, and the other is a child-like idiot.

Mar 3, 2014
Agree. Everyone knows this stuff is true. People blaming racism show no critica thinking ability bc those two are complete idiots. That being said: I think things are better said to their face than through books and specifically with Balo playing in the same league, it was probably better to wait before saying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Tardelli: 'Disappointing Chiellini comments'

Italy legend Marco Tardelli has criticised Giorgio Chiellini for his ‘truly disappointing’ comments about teammates and opponents. ‘I learned respect from my captains.’

“I am truly disappointed to read the comments of Giorgio Chiellini, captain of the Italy squad, of Juventus and key man in the Players’ Association directive,” wrote Tardelli on Twitter.
“Tough words towards his teammates – colleagues who ought to consider him a reference point. Declaring hatred towards another club only creates hatred.
“Respect for the opponent in even the toughest battles, that’s what I learned from captains like Dino Zoff and Gaetano Scirea.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

"in 2014, in brazil not only chiellini told those things to balotelli face to face, but others from the nazionale too. but it was useless, because" fuck my english and italian, he's saying something like "there's nobody more deaf than he who's not willing to listen"

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Literally what you translated is correct. It is also a colloquial phrase, essentially saying that it's a pointless task.

Maybe Giorgio should wait for retirement before he stirs the pot further with replies to the two idiots.

I notice Moratti with very sly comments again. "Mario is always treated like this". I don't like the racism connotations he used there. Mario is an idiot, that's the problem. Absolute waste of a career as well, he could have had 90+ Italy caps.

Apr 29, 2006
The only one that can have a real issue with Chiellini is Juventus FC. If they were planning to hire those guys in the first place and now it's complicated.

Teammates can blame him for team-related performances only: "Now, that you've offended Balo he will start crying throughout the rest of the game and won't be able to concentrate."; "Now that you told Melo the truth he got so mad he raped the referee for a questionable indirect free-kick against him. We gonna lose this one on a technicality and it's on you Chiello...!" or something along the lines.

Both those players are far and away from ever being needed around Chiello. I guess if Tardelli wants to win trophies with Balo he can sign up for Seria B next year with Brescia. I am certain they will fail that too.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

"in 2014, in brazil not only chiellini told those things to balotelli face to face, but others from the nazionale too. but it was useless, because" fuck my english and italian, he's saying something like "there's nobody more deaf than he who's not willing to listen"
:agree:

I don’t know why everyone is so shocked by Chiellini’s comments, it’s no secret that the team turned on Balotelli at the 2014 World Cup. He is a locker room cancer apparently. And lol @ people thinking Chiellini wouldn’t tell this to the retards face.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:agree:

I don’t know why everyone is so shocked by Chiellini’s comments, it’s no secret that the team turned on Balotelli at the 2014 World Cup. He is a locker room cancer apparently. And lol @ people thinking Chiellini wouldn’t tell this to the retards face.
I don't think there is anyone (maybe Buffon) that Chiellini would have been afraid to speak his mind to.

A younger "less fucks given" Chiellini I'm sure would have been less diplomatic in the years Melo was here too, so I'm sure things were said on the training sessions.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He and Balotelli are good again, which quite frankly, is good to see.

Balotelli forgives Chiellini over book row

By Football Italia staff

Chiellini-Balotelli-2013-epa_0.jpg
EPA.png

Mario Balotelli has forgiven Giorgio Chiellini for the criticism, as the defender sent him a signed copy of the book. ‘Just tear out the pages where you talk about me!’

The former Italy teammates clashed in public last week when Chiellini released an autobiography and gave an interview in which he called Balotelli “a negative person” who didn’t help his squad during the Confederations Cup.

He also referred to Felipe Melo as “the worst of the worst, a bad apple,” but the defender has now made up with Balotelli thanks to a conversation brokered by TV show Le Iene.

They delivered a shirt that Balotelli signed with the dedication: 'Even if you unexpectedly stabbed me in the back, I still love you, man.' The crew then set up the videolink chat.

“It’s the first time in my life that you messed up and I didn’t!” joked Balo at the start.
“I envied you! Because in life you have to make mistakes to improve,” replied Chiellini.
“I’m perfect, then. But there has never been a war, guys! I’ve told you the whole time,” added Balotelli.
The Juventus captain confessed to “disagreements,” but said he had planned to tell Balotelli about the contents of the book and to leave out any negatives would’ve “seemed false and hypocritical. I take full responsibility.”
Le Iene, who were moderating the conversation, asked precisely what happened in that 2013 Confederations Cup, a situation that was alluded to in the book.
“No, wait, I remember now! That I got angry because we were losing to Brazil and Gigi [Buffon] told me: ‘We’re not Brazil you know’. That thing there?” said Balotelli.
“OK, come on, that’s not a serious thing. I replied mainly because, I’ll tell you the truth, I didn’t expect from Giorgio, in the sense that, I’m not a negative person. I’m someone who always jokes, I replied because I care about you, because if I didn’t care, I wouldn’t have replied.”
Chiellini suggested everyone learns with age and he should write another page in the book clarifying it, but would at least send a copy to the Brescia striker with a special dedication: ‘To Mario, I learned a lot by making mistakes and will continue to do so every day. I wish you the best and I hope to see you soon on the pitch.’
Balo responded by jokingly asking him to first tear out the pages referring to him, but when asked to write his own book, noted “it would be too long!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)