Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (32 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Yeah but he tore his ACL so thats not going to be the case. The question is a Chielini at 70%? What if hes equal to MDL
Before that injury he was quite injury prone anyway. He would often be unavailable for crucial parts of the season. And now with the form of Bonucci and De Ligt, it would make no sense trying to force him into the starting team. I'm afraid his time as a starter is over.

Apr 19, 2007
Before that injury he was quite injury prone anyway. He would often be unavailable for crucial parts of the season. And now with the form of Bonucci and De Ligt, it would make no sense trying to force him into the starting team. I'm afraid his time as a starter is over.
I agree but would love him to come back strong bc he would make an impact for the better no doubt

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I hope he comes back to lift the CL. Would be weird seeing Bonucci lift it with Buffon and Chiellini standing next to him. Of course I don't give a duck who lifts it as long as we win but still...

Tolath

Jun 3, 2018
Even if his condition is not good enough after the ACL injury to be a starter.
Chiel is very important inside the locker room and it's great asset to have in the bench as well.i am not sure our team is ready for Chiel to retire yet.

Also i think the lack of desire we saw in some games will be avoided with him around.

Jun 6, 2015
Yeah there will be a big void of leadership in our team once Chiello and Buffon are done. Khedira, Matuidi and Ronaldo are also experienced players that will be gone in a year or two most likely. It'll be important to get replacements in that have a similar winning mentality as the ones mentioned.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
stay fit for last 16, last 8, quarter, semifinal and the final ...just 5 matches

let's play ultimate defensive football ...pull a Greece 2004 and win the CL .....then kick Khedira , Pjanic and Matuidi for Pogba and Tonali ....what a year it will be !

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Agreed. I personally don't want him to start (especially in CL), but it will be reassuring to know that he's available just in case.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I think chiello in one leg is better than bonbon.
The way bonbon chicken's out on aerial duels is disgusting.He always looks like he is about to break his spine or something.
Great cb tackle aerial duels without fear.
Just look at chiello Demiral and de ligt. It's either the ball or the player ,but never an half assed effort.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
Two of these players tore their ACLs and one of these three almost ended on the operating table to fix his shoulder. Although i myself enjoy brainless defenders like Chiello, Vidic ect who go head-first in every challenge, it has to be noted that playing the pus*y way as Bonucci does greatly decreases the chamce of the player ending up injured. Messi, CR7... they are infamous for pussying out of challenges, but thir injury record is practically non-existant. While on the other hand, flashy players like Douglas Costa end up being injured every 5,6,7 games. The only reason we have Dybala available for almost every game is because he is rotated a lot, otherwise if he was the first choice attacker every game he wpuld have joined the injury squad several times so far.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Two of these players tore their ACLs and one of these three almost ended on the operating table to fix his shoulder. Although i myself enjoy brainless defenders like Chiello, Vidic ect who go head-first in every challenge, it has to be noted that playing the pus*y way as Bonucci does greatly decreases the chamce of the player ending up injured. Messi, CR7... they are infamous for pussying out of challenges, but thir injury record is practically non-existant. While on the other hand, flashy players like Douglas Costa end up being injured every 5,6,7 games. The only reason we have Dybala available for almost every game is because he is rotated a lot, otherwise if he was the first choice attacker every game he wpuld have joined the injury squad several times so far.
Are you saying that is better to be a mediocre defender for fear of injury?
Also attackers have an easier job than defenders.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Messi, CR7... they are infamous for pussying out of challenges, but thir injury record is practically non-existant. While on the other hand, flashy players like Douglas Costa end up being injured every 5,6,7 games.
That’s why R9’s prime was so short. A fearless player who ran towards defenders at full speed while doing stepovers. His knee ligaments were never going to survive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)