Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (12 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Yeah but he tore his ACL so thats not going to be the case. The question is a Chielini at 70%? What if hes equal to MDL
Before that injury he was quite injury prone anyway. He would often be unavailable for crucial parts of the season. And now with the form of Bonucci and De Ligt, it would make no sense trying to force him into the starting team. I'm afraid his time as a starter is over.

Apr 19, 2007
Before that injury he was quite injury prone anyway. He would often be unavailable for crucial parts of the season. And now with the form of Bonucci and De Ligt, it would make no sense trying to force him into the starting team. I'm afraid his time as a starter is over.
I agree but would love him to come back strong bc he would make an impact for the better no doubt

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I hope he comes back to lift the CL. Would be weird seeing Bonucci lift it with Buffon and Chiellini standing next to him. Of course I don't give a duck who lifts it as long as we win but still...

Tolath

Jun 3, 2018
Even if his condition is not good enough after the ACL injury to be a starter.
Chiel is very important inside the locker room and it's great asset to have in the bench as well.i am not sure our team is ready for Chiel to retire yet.

Also i think the lack of desire we saw in some games will be avoided with him around.

il brutto

Jun 6, 2015
Yeah there will be a big void of leadership in our team once Chiello and Buffon are done. Khedira, Matuidi and Ronaldo are also experienced players that will be gone in a year or two most likely. It'll be important to get replacements in that have a similar winning mentality as the ones mentioned.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
stay fit for last 16, last 8, quarter, semifinal and the final ...just 5 matches

let's play ultimate defensive football ...pull a Greece 2004 and win the CL .....then kick Khedira , Pjanic and Matuidi for Pogba and Tonali ....what a year it will be !

Nov 25, 2005
Agreed. I personally don't want him to start (especially in CL), but it will be reassuring to know that he's available just in case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)