Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (27 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
From someone who has had 2 torn ACL and a torn MCL, I can tell you from experience that it just happens. Especially in a situation where there were no warning signs of a knee problem. I was 16 and playing in a summer basketball league and I was going up for a block and someone purposely undercut me. I landed straight down on both legs. Both knees shredded. And this was 34 years ago, so any chance of playing again for varsity high school was over. But it wasnt some physio's fault, and there were no preexisting complications.

It just happened.
Sorry to hear that man, that would have been absolutely horrible to experience and go through.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Jesus Christ, i couldn't even imagine.
Some guy on my soccer team tore the same ACL 4 times? i think, and kept coming back to play, like we are just a sunday league f tier team and he kept coming back. Fuck that, one ACL and im done forever, maybe 2 but i couldn't bring myself to play again after that.

The way it happens is so stupid sometimes, i remember one of them in training was literally he stretched out to control a ball from a wayward pass, bam ACL gone, i was scared to do anything after that haha

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
From someone who has had 2 torn ACL and a torn MCL, I can tell you from experience that it just happens. Especially in a situation where there were no warning signs of a knee problem. I was 16 and playing in a summer basketball league and I was going up for a block and someone purposely undercut me. I landed straight down on both legs. Both knees shredded. And this was 34 years ago, so any chance of playing again for varsity high school was over. But it wasnt some physio's fault, and there were no preexisting complications.

It just happened.
sorry to hear that.

But I'm still going to blame that guy we hired who started the milan lab

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
He probably will, his debut for the NT was the poorest performance a CB can do, responsible for both goals Netherlands conceded in first half against a Micky Mouse terrible dwarf team like Bulgaria and was subbed off at half time. His Ajax debut was also not a successful one. But after a weak ass performance, the kid steps up big time and managed to secure a starting role for both club and country, with the club eventually selecting him to be their captain and also he captained his national team, while being still a teen...

I'm not worried if he fucks up his first game or even games, he has already proved that a weak performance doesnt bother him and he only gets stronger and stronger. The pressure on him right now is huuge though...
Just saw this. Bump and :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

"Thanks buddy, ill send you that money later"
Milanisti's and Interisti's immediate thought after seeing that pic

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
@tosh_rose was de Ligt captain for one/few games when van Dijk and key older guys didn't start, or is he captain for the Netherlands now (guessing not, would be surprising)?
Nope, after Robben died, I mean retired, Van Dijk has most games as a captain, Kevin Strootman also has a game or two as a captain, and Wesley Snejder once. I had to check a game where De Ligt finished with the armband after the starting one was subbed off, cant find that type of data where I usually search, I think I remember seeing him with an armband, but since I cant find the information I guess I remembered it incorrectly... If that actually happened, it would have been in a meaningless friendly late in the game with Van Dijk and at least one-two of the older players not on the field..

I will tell you this though, in his second game for the Netherlands De Ligt was shown a straight red card, a friendly with Morocco...

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Jesus Christ, i couldn't even imagine.
Some guy on my soccer team tore the same ACL 4 times? i think, and kept coming back to play, like we are just a sunday league f tier team and he kept coming back. Fuck that, one ACL and im done forever, maybe 2 but i couldn't bring myself to play again after that.

The way it happens is so stupid sometimes, i remember one of them in training was literally he stretched out to control a ball from a wayward pass, bam ACL gone, i was scared to do anything after that haha
I stopped playing cause of ACL fear lol mostly cause of laziness but that too ))

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
One of my friends tore his ACL on holiday, playing ping pong. Shit happens so quick if you're having an unlucky moment.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
This injury fucking sucks. One of my favourite players in this squad if not the favourite. I know he is past his peak and that now ball playing defenders dominate but nonetheless il grande capitano is one of the best defenders ever that Italy produced.

Chiello3

IL Capitano
Nov 26, 2017
Chiellini to be non-playing captain

Chiellini-1909-bench-epa.jpg
EPA.png

Giorgio Chiellini will reportedly continue to sit on the Juventus bench as a non-playing captain throughout his six-month lay-off.
The 35-year-old defender tore his anterior cruciate ligament during training and had surgery in Innsbruck this week.
He is not expected back on the field for at least six months, but that doesn’t mean Juve won’t be able to count on his support or leadership qualities.
Chiellini was on the bench at the Juventus Stadium for the 4-3 victory over Napoli and was the first to hobble down on his crutches to console Kalidou Koulibaly for the stoppage-time own goal.
According to Tuttosport, he will try to be on the bench as much as possible throughout the recovery period, including away matches.
It will all be organised along with his physiotherapists and medical staff to ensure the journeys do not interfere with his treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)