Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (72 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I miss him. Not that I'm against our current partnership, but I just miss seeing him on the pitch and stopping everything that comes his way.

Hope he's recovering well.
All the best to Chiello. Even-though I think he will never be a starter for us again, nor should he IMO; could be the new Barza :tup:.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
All the best to Chiello. Even-though I think he will never be a starter for us again, nor should he IMO; could be the new Barza :tup:.
With the age and type of injury he has i can understand the doubts surrounding him but if you could please elaborate why the ‘ nor should he’ part, do you honestly think that if he goes through a succesfull recovery he won’t be able to get his starting place back? I have to strongly disagree with you if that’s the way you see it.

I’d expect him first to genuinly consider retirement if he doesn’t feel as he could continue at his usual world-class level for another season before agreeing to play as second fiddle to Bonucci, DeLigt and/or Demiral tbh.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
With the age and type of injury he has i can understand the doubts surrounding him but if you could please elaborate why the ‘ nor should he’ part, do you honestly think that if he goes through a succesfull recovery he won’t be able to get his starting place back? I have to strongly disagree with you if that’s the way you see it.

I’d expect him first to genuinly consider retirement if he doesn’t feel as he could continue at his usual world-class level for another season before agreeing to play as second fiddle to Bonucci, DeLigt and/or Demiral tbh.
Because I don't think he will be his old self and also because I think Sarri will prefer De Ligt over him anyway, and this injury will be a great excuse which everyone, including Chiello himself, will accept. It's about rejuvenation if anything.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Because I don't think he will be his old self and also because I think Sarri will prefer De Ligt over him anyway, and this injury will be a great excuse which everyone, including Chiello himself, will accept. It's about rejuvenation if anything.
That’s exactly why i expect him to either retire or fight for his place till he probably sustains another career-ending injury before being a bench player, it’s his mentality man.. he is our ‘king kong’ afterall, i’m seriously inclined to think he won’t go down without a fight, believe this much.

And honestly, i’d be a bit worried about him coming in late into games after little amount of minutes in his legs, Giorgio is a morale player that usually gets better and better during the same game or even after a good run of consecutive clean sheets that make him as ruthless and unplayable as he usually is.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Chiellini 'ready before end of season'

By Football Italia staff

Giorgio Chiellini “will be back on the pitch between January and March,” assured the Juventus captain’s agent, and ready for Euro 2020.

The 35-year-old defender was ruled out for at least six months by a torn anterior cruciate ligament at the end of August.

“His recovery is progressing positively and the man has this magnetic positivity,” Davide Lippi told TMW Radio.

“It’s incredible. He works so hard every day and when I call him up, he’s the one who reassures me. He is making giant leaps forward.

“I don’t know the precise date of his comeback, but it will certainly be in the New Year. It might be the end of January, February or March, but he will certainly be there for the final part of the season.”

There is extra motivation to recover quickly, as Chiellini doesn’t want to miss out on Euro 2020 following Italy’s qualification.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)