Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (65 Viewers)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I only saw the second half, but I hope you guys aren't blaming him for his offensive ineptitude :shifty:
No Matt. We're counter attacking. We lost the ball. His first thought is to crush the opponent, even though the opponent can do absolutely nothing because there's nobody from his team in front of him, unless he plans to outrun Chiellini across the whole pitch.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I'm not just criticising his play going forward. He's constantly out of position, he makes rash decisions that you'd expect to see from a kid, every first touch is a disaster waiting to happen and even the simplest passes are beyond him.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
No Matt. We're counter attacking. We lost the ball. His first thought is to crush the opponent, even though the opponent can do absolutely nothing because there's nobody from his team in front of him, unless he plans to outrun Chiellini across the whole pitch.
That, okay. But only Allegri is to blame for giving him so much freedom with the ball

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Play him in a similar role to Pepe for RM and he'll shine. Shit like this is why we need better coaches. I've no idea what Conte nd Allegri were thinking.

La_Fidanzata

Feb 18, 2008
Dont put the blame for this defeat on giorgio. Yes, he has poor ball-control - but technique has of course never been his thing anyways. I agree its wrong and delusional that he so often tries to create something. But the problem isnt that he is doin just that, the problem is that no one else is trying. Marchisio for example didnt do one constructive pass the entire match, and he has the regista role. Chiellini came out in the second half and tried to lift the team. Unfortunately very few of his teammates followed him.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
It's always going to be the case with the 3-5-2.
it's definitely 352... towards the end Genoa let Chiellini and Bonucci have the ball up to the final third and mark or double mark our midfielders and forwards, there weren't many other option to take the ball forward unless the coach was going to bring in another forward or midfielder for a defender.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Pepe is ten times better on the ball. He has played in midfield in the Clasico. Imagine Chiellini doing that.
I mean to utilize him in breaking up the opponents play. Pepe is better on the ball, but Chiellini can be a impenetrable monster if you play him right

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I mean to utilize him in breaking up the opponents play. Pepe is better on the ball, but Chiellini can be a impenetrable monster if you play him right
His complete lack of a football brain and of technical ability will always be a liability. He would be less exposed in a back four though.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
His complete lack of a football brain and of technical ability will always be a liability. He would be less exposed in a back four though.
Yes, I really liked when he plays in a back 4 for Italy. He doesn't need to play out with the ball to his feet. Remember his performance in Euro 2008 , Italy vs Spain, where he just defends and doesn't need to worry about ball playing. It was godlike.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)