Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (74 Viewers)

.AB.

Mafioso
Jul 15, 2002
Italy issue injury update

http://www.football-italia.net/18808/italy-issue-injury-update

Italy’s chief medic Enrico Castellacci has given the latest news available to him on injuries to Giorgio Chiellini, Daniele De Rossi and Riccardo Montolivo.

Chiellini limped out of the closing stages of Juventus’ final day win over Atalanta with a suspected thigh strain, something Montolivo has been out with since Week 37, whilst De Rossi is thought to have fractured his hand against Cesena on Sunday.

All three were still named in Cesare Prandelli’s provisional 32-man squad for Euro 2012, so Castellacci [pictured left], again be in charge of Italy’s fitness at an international tournament, has given an update.

“Our objective is to evaluate the efficiency of the guys at our disposal,” he began at a Press conference today.

“We will be making tests of great scientific value today and tomorrow. For the players from Juventus, Napoli and Paris Saint-Germain, these will be between May 26 and 27.

At this time the diagnosis for Chiellini is a suspected right thigh strain. The problem is in the severity of the strain.

“It’s a muscle injury that will be evaluated with ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging testing, 48 hours after the injury.

“On Tuesday the Juventus doctors will tell me the outcome. I have already spoken with them and the player. Some strains only take 15-20 days to recover, whilst others have other deadlines.”

“De Rossi will have an x-ray but I don’t think there will be any problems. Montolivo? I talked to the doctors at Fiorentina, he has a first degree strain and should recover within 20 days from when suffering the injury in Lecce [on May 5].

“He is doing the appropriate therapy and we expect him to recover in time.”

Antonio Cassano was also included in the squad, despite minimal playing time at the end of the season. The player only recently returned to action after a five-month lay-off having undergone heart surgery last autumn, but Castellacci has dispelled any lingering doubts.

“For us there has been a valid certification of his health made by doctors in the recent months.

“After this, I believe that the boy will undergo periodic tests through his future.

“The use of the player, however, is guaranteed.”

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He'll be a big miss for the Coppa, but a back three of Barzagli - Bonucci - Caceres is not too shabby. Estigarribia should probably play LWB, he has good energy and fair defensive skills.

kronos

Aug 16, 2011
if we play with 3 at the back and Chiellini is absent we'll get raped.
Anyway missing Chiello against the best attacking force of the Seria A has got to be the worst luck we had all year.
We have to dominate the whole game because Cavani and co. won't need more than a couple of chances to do the damage.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
if we play with 3 at the back and Chiellini is absent we'll get raped.
Anyway missing Chiello against the best attacking force of the Seria A has got to be the worst luck we had all year.
We have to dominate the whole game because Cavani and co. won't need more than a couple of chances to do the damage.
I don't know, when we play 3 at the back Chiellini stays back and defends the least, he's often up the ground looking to attack. Caceras can do that too but he'll move towards the right of the pitch where as Chiellini moves toward the left. The selection of the LWB will be an important one in a 3-5-2 that means, need someone who really can run all day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)