Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (28 Viewers)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
My only grudge with chiello as a left back is that his passes and shooting are sub par.

He can run, and can defend like a madman....push forward is also one of his qualities...but in the 3/4 of the field....his passes are innacurate and his shooting is sub par. His is like a gamble upfront.
Crossing = :tuttosport:? Cross to Pepe vs Palermo was perfect. Maybe just a fluke.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Crossing = :tuttosport:? Cross to Pepe vs Palermo was perfect. Maybe just a fluke.
He's actually a pretty decent crosser, but he's problem is that he's got a very slow reaction not to mention that he's awkward sometimes. Many times it happened that he gets the ball and once he runs forward he gets nervous and awkward and lose the ball to opposition.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
He's actually a pretty decent crosser, but he's problem is that he's got a very slow reaction not to mention that he's awkward sometimes. Many times it happened that he gets the ball and once he runs forward he gets nervous and awkward and lose the ball to opposition.
Always in two minds on whether to cross or shoot. Ends up doing the in-between, a goal kick.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I won't say he's excellent, but he was certainly quite good going forward today.
I think he has some things to work on but his crossing was very good if not excellent. The cross for Pepe's goal against Palermo and he also made a delightful cross today for Pepe's missed header.

Either his crossing is very good or it's just Pepe's great positioning :D

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Bravo, Giorgio.

I'm usually one to criticize him when he's poor, but he has had a fine run of games now and should be praised.

It probably wasn't easy for him being swapped from centre back to left back. A lot of things must've gone through his mind when that happened (his Azzurri-situation for example), but he took it like a man and he's delivering some quality performances for us.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Many many years ago he was turning out great performances for Fiorentina at left back. Today he should signs of that, his fitting there coming up but his positioning at times can leave him confused and even me confused. However he sadly remains our best left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)