Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (28 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't think shiftiy chiellini from LB to CB will solve our defence problems.

Chiellini "is" the problem IMO....
He has too many brain farts. He really needs to sort that out quickly. He can be Captain Incredible for so long then for 1 minute cost us a goal.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
In a league that used to be filled with Cannavaro, Nesta, Thuram, Montero, Maldini, Cafu, etc...having one good sesaon in 3, and 2 inconsistent in between isn't saying much. I love Chiellini and all, but 7-10 years ago when these other guys were dominating Europe, this league was ooozing classy defenders. Now? Hardly. If Chiellini struggles to be in the top 3-5 defenders now in Italy, I'd say there is a definite problem.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
In a league that used to be filled with Cannavaro, Nesta, Thuram, Montero, Maldini, Cafu, etc...having one good sesaon in 3, and 2 inconsistent in between isn't saying much. I love Chiellini and all, but 7-10 years ago when these other guys were dominating Europe, this league was ooozing classy defenders. Now? Hardly. If Chiellini struggles to be in the top 3-5 defenders now in Italy, I'd say there is a definite problem.
One good season in 3? Since 2006, he's always been top 2 in Serie A, competing with Silva and I think, for one season, Samuel. Obviously he's no Canna or Nesta, but if he's one of the best of what there is now, I think we should be happy that he's here and not somewhere else.

You think he's gonna be like this forever? Short memories, I tell you.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
One good season in 3? Since 2006, he's always been top 2 in Serie A, competing with Silva and I think, for one season, Samuel. Obviously he's no Canna or Nesta, but if he's one of the best of what there is now, I think we should be happy that he's here and not somewhere else.

You think he's gonna be like this forever? Short memories, I tell you.
Obviously I think he is a top defender in Italy and yes I think he will improve. But if he keeps making mistakes like he did this weekend, his title won't last for long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)