Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (51 Viewers)

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
:lol: @ the people who think Chiellini is overrated......I honestly never expected Chiellini to also be put in the "overrated" bag. hahaha "Nesta, Thuram".....Nesta played in a defensive line consisted of Maldini, Cafu, Stam......Thuram played with Cannavaro, Zambrotta and Zebina(at that time, he was really good). On the other hand, Chiellini plays with the likes of De Ceglie, Grosso, Motta, Sorensen, Barzagli, Legrotaglie.....So dont tell me that he wont ever reach the lvl of Cannavaro or Thuram or Nesta, when he was the only reason these last 3 years why we didnt finish 14th or 15th place......so, to all of you who bash Chiellini, FUCK YOU! You obviously dont know sh** about football. Sell him to Real Madrid or Man Utd and we'll see who is overrated......

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
:lol: @ the people who think Chiellini is overrated......I honestly never expected Chiellini to also be put in the "overrated" bag. hahaha "Nesta, Thuram".....Nesta played in a defensive line consisted of Maldini, Cafu, Stam......Thuram played with Cannavaro, Zambrotta and Zebina(at that time, he was really good). On the other hand, Chiellini plays with the likes of De Ceglie, Grosso, Motta, Sorensen, Barzagli, Legrotaglie.....So dont tell me that he wont ever reach the lvl of Cannavaro or Thuram or Nesta, when he was the only reason these last 3 years why we didnt finish 14th or 15th place......so, to all of you who bash Chiellini, FUCK YOU! You obviously dont know sh** about football. Sell him to Real Madrid or Man Utd and we'll see who is overrated......
+rep .

Great post (Y)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Chiellini should be captain, the only player we have left to call "world class".

Best Italian centre back by a country mile these days.

Nesta is a legend and all, but at his age it is only natural for him to decline.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
a lil bit aggressive but i totally agree with you.
the chiellini's bashing is just out of my mind. every fuckin' team in the world dreams of getting him. and all of sudden he became shit and we should sell him. strange people really!!
i believe this guy is best CB in the world right now and try to compare. Chiellini is the last player to worry about in this team really.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Chiellini overated? Chiellini is shit? :lol:

Fuck, theres some fucking morons on this forum
Not just here, but it's a very naive way of looking at it. The team is playing badly so of course individuals will suffer as a consequence. Even champions are being questioned, no one is safe. Those players who aren't champions are being smashed from pillar to post. When we were doing well players were probably being overly praised. This lack of middle ground never surprises me because you can look on any football forum and see the same comments in these situations.

Ironically there have been many, many games in the last couple of seasons where Chiellini has single-handedly kept the defense together and risen over the general level of the team.

I've seen guys like Vidic, Ferdinand (several), Terry and others all have very poor games from time to time, and they are playing in constantly strong sides. We should be thankful that Chiellini (so far) has put up with the mediocrity of the club in the last two seasons and is still willing to put his body on the line week-in, week-out.

Nedvěd

Nesta, on the other hand, should have retired 5 years ago with few glimpses of what he was once capable of.
Nesta is still class. Don't want to go off topic but he's still among the best defenders in the world in my opinion.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Not just here, but it's a very naive way of looking at it. The team is playing badly so of course individuals will suffer as a consequence. Even champions are being questioned, no one is safe. Those players who aren't champions are being smashed from pillar to post. When we were doing well players were probably being overly praised. This lack of middle ground never surprises me because you can look on any football forum and see the same comments in these situations.

Ironically there have been many, many games in the last couple of seasons where Chiellini has single-handedly kept the defense together and risen over the general level of the team.

I've seen guys like Vidic, Ferdinand (several), Terry and others all have very poor games from time to time, and they are playing in constantly strong sides. We should be thankful that Chiellini (so far) has put up with the mediocrity of the club in the last two seasons and is still willing to put his body on the line week-in, week-out.
true

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
According to Tuttosport, he and Iaquinta almost came to blows in training recently. I would gladly pay all of my savings to see Giorgio knock that tall whiny waste of space the f*ck out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)