Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (30 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
27 December 2009

Secco: «Our Champions won’t go away»

Waiting to go back to work after Christmas vacation, Juventus champions keep on being the news’ focus on newspapers. With January market starting soon, some bianconeri players have been linked to important clubs, especially to foreign ones.

But the news is absolutely false. Sport manager Alessio Secco said: «We are used to read of possible interest in our players from other clubs. Like Buffon or Chiellini, just to mention today examples. I want to assert these are totally fake news and I take the occasion to reaffirm that Juventus won’t give its champions away, that we’ll keep on working to archive our targets».

Juventus.com :tup:

Made me laugh.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
I would seriously consider selling Chiellini only if Man city or any other team offered us 50 million and we bought Zapata and kjaer. Those 2 won't cost more than 40 million in total. Altougth both are not as good as cheillini but together they will definitely be more than capable to replace him. Kjaer has the potential and he is turning alot of heads and I wouldn't be surprised if he stays healthy and develop in the right way will be one of the best in the world

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I would seriously consider selling Chiellini on if Man city or any other team offered us 50 million and we bought Zapata and kjaer. Those 2 won't cost more than 40 million in total. Altougth both are not as good as cheillini but together they will definitely be more than capable to replace him. Kjaer has the potential and he is turning alot of heads and I wouldn't be surprised if he stays healthy and develop in the right way will be one of the best in the world
Sell the deadwood, buy Kjaer to play next to Chiellini. His price shouldn't be that high. We should be able to achieve that, finding a partner for Chiellini.

We really shouldn't sell Chiellini though.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Sell the deadwood, buy Kjaer to play next to Chiellini. His price shouldn't be that high. We should be able to achieve that, finding a partner for Chiellini.

We really shouldn't sell Chiellini though.
We need to sell alot of the average players we have like Molinaro, Greygera, Zebina (he used to be above average but not any more), Tiago. Also Grosso the once upon time world class for a period of 1 month that doesn't deserve to be starting for us. Kjaer price is in the range of 15 million, also I hope we keep Caceres then we only need a left back. We can either bring back our lost son Criscito or invest in Kolarov who also shouldn't be higher than 15 million. To fix our defense we need 50 millions, and that would save us alot humilitiation by the over the hill defenders we have been buying. You don't fix a leak using a band aid, and that's what our management has been doing since the calciopoli. We need to invest heavily on our defense. We are getting exposed on a weekly basis

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
We need to sell alot of the average players we have like Molinaro, Greygera, Zebina (he used to be above average but not any more), Tiago. Also Grosso the once upon time world class for a period of 1 month that doesn't deserve to be starting for us. Kjaer price is in the range of 15 million, also I hope we keep Caceres then we only need a left back. We can either bring back our lost son Criscito or invest in Kolarov who also shouldn't be higher than 15 million. To fix our defense we need 50 millions, and that would save us alot humilitiation by the over the hill defenders we have been buying. You don't fix a leak using a band aid, and that's what our management has been doing since the calciopoli. We need to invest heavily on our defense. We are getting exposed on a weekly basis
Basically, yes. It sounds like you're agreeing with me now :p. We do need to invest heavily, which we seem able to, like last summer, but on the right positions. Missing out on the CL will affect our mercato though, obviously.

I see your point, selling Chiellini to fix more positions sounds tempting, but I don't think it would do us much good. If we want to go back to the top we need to sell the deadwood and keep our best players, because we know how good Chiellini is, and will be in the years to come. We don't know about people like Zapata, even Kjaer.

Those are the kind of defenders to partner Chiellini, not to build the defense around.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Chiellini: «The break was useful»

He trained even during the Christmas holidays. He did so out of his own accord, at home, to recover completely from the muscle injury suffered against Inter which made him miss the last matches of 2009. Now Chiellini is ready and speaks of the imminent return to official matches, while saying that the first few days of the new year saw the team working with great commitment and concentration. «The Christmas break was useful not only for me to recovery from the injury, but for all the team. We recovered energy and faith. Now we need results, which in such moments help the team to find the security and cohesion of some time ago. Everybody is giving his 110% to overcome the difficult moment».

Parma will be the first test for the team, a match which is far from easy: «Parma is undoubtedly the revelation of the year – stated Chiellini. They are fighting for a place in the Champions League, have a good squad and a coach that makes the team render to the maximum. They play well and have a good mix of youngsters and experienced players».

It is a commitment which Juventus will be facing with the conviction and will to get back immediately to what they always were: «We are going to Parma – concluded Chiellini – to win and first of all to be a team, to show on the field that we regained that compactness and that solidity which are the trademark of Juventus»

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 25)