Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (38 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i do agree that he is vital to our team and he is by far our best defender but please, even with him at 100% and in the starting line up our defense still sucks. there are 3 other guys on both sides of him who have to play still.

just thought i would remind you guys

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
i do agree that he is vital to our team and he is by far our best defender but please, even with him at 100% and in the starting line up our defense still sucks. there are 3 other guys on both sides of him who have to play still.

Only the blind will disagree there.

Verge

Apr 17, 2008
My brother blew his acl and managed to walk to his car, and drive it home(hard to clutch with a blown knee)... so you can definitely mess stuff up and be able to limp... unfortunately, sometimes twisting and spraining your knee can hurt as bad or worse than an acl tear. Chiellini is a tough bastard, i'm sure he'll be back pretty early if no surgery is involved. That stuff will heal alot faster if you can still work it out through the pain.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
ya so bottom line is that with chiellini our defense didn't suck that bad but now without him we suck more balls than chinese hookers in beijing when the gold medalists go out to celebrate

Jun 29, 2008
Thanks GOD! It was a disaster if we loose him for season! So which games he will miss?
Fiorentina, Udinese, Cagliari and Catania and possibly 2 more from the league if he is still not fit, the second leg of the Artmedia qualifier, 1 to 2 games in the group stage of the CL if we qualify, Italy friendly with Austria, and 2 World Cup Qualifying matches against Cyprus and Georgia.

6 to 8 weeks is quite a few matches...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Today was my first day after the summer vacation, it was hectic at work and several emergency meetings popped up. By lunch I called my boss and he agreed to meet me later in the afternoon. After lunch it was even more hectic. Then I go meet my boss where he informs me that I got a raise.
Then I hear about Chiellini which is as good news as the raise. The day was saved, now it's time to celebrate.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Today was my first day after the summer vacation, it was hectic at work and several emergency meetings popped up. By lunch I called my boss and he agreed to meet me later in the afternoon. After lunch it was even more hectic. Then I go meet my boss where he informs me that I got a raise.
Then I hear about Chiellini which is as good news as the raise. The day was saved, now it's time to celebrate.
congrats :burke:

Relatively good news with regard to Chiellini.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i am not fully convinced we are through with that one ... surely you may be relieved by that message, but i do not trust our medical team ... it would not be the first time they did misjudge an injury ... they even did not see that thuram has a problem with his heart ... (ok, barcas docs did not see it either) .... how can the medical staff from a french club be better than ours ?

i don't trust this message until i see him play 3 successive games without problems.

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005
Fiorentina, Udinese, Cagliari and Catania and possibly 2 more from the league if he is still not fit, the second leg of the Artmedia qualifier, 1 to 2 games in the group stage of the CL if we qualify, Italy friendly with Austria, and 2 World Cup Qualifying matches against Cyprus and Georgia.

6 to 8 weeks is quite a few matches...
Ok. We can handle these games without him. Thanks.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
i am not fully convinced we are through with that one ... surely you may be relieved by that message, but i do not trust our medical team ... it would not be the first time they did misjudge an injury ... they even did not see that thuram has a problem with his heart ... (ok, barcas docs did not see it either) .... how can the medical staff from a french club be better than ours ?

i don't trust this message until i see him play 3 successive games without problems.
He had a similar injury at the beggining of 2008 but on the opposite knee and he recovered in 4 weeks time. After he returned to the pitch he played every match until the end of the season without any problems. Chiellini is young, healthy and a tough bastard and hasn't really suffered a terrible injury which would rule him out for a bigger part of the season so far as I can remember.

I don't think your concerns are justified in this case. This really is good news and I wish him a swift recovery. Glad to have him back in 2 months "only". I think he will be fine. Usually Chiellini injures the other players but he was unlucky last night. Every player has to injure himself once in a season. This is like an unwritten rule plus he is not even at his physically best so injuries happen a lot in the pre-season. More than in regular part of the season.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006

yeh thats a good point, but in the boards eyes they'll do well enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)